Paris Olympics 2024

It’s a joke of a sport. If they want it to be taken seriously they should be climbing the side of the Eiffel Tower without a harness.

Paris has badly missed a trick with the location of its diving pool here. It should have been an outdoor pool plonked up on the side of Montmartre in front of Sacre Coeur.

1 Like

As cuntish a thing as you can do in hockey. Umpires bottled it. Technically it’s a yellow for the Belgian as she pushed her which she cannot do. In fact it’s by the rules a red believe it or not. But it should have been a red for the Chinese girl. Knew exactly what she was doing and deliberately made it dangerous.

1 Like

Spoke to someone who was there who said she wasn’t right for 10 mins. Bronze could be anybody’s.

I’ve a value bet on Nasser at 19/1 from before it all started. She is still available at 5/1, which seems just insane.

Can anyone here find an each way market for this event?

1 Like

At least its a race. Everyone can see the winner clearly. The bloody diving, artistic gymnastics the 7 girls splashing around in a pool together. Nobody knows what the fuck until the scores come up on the screen.

2 Likes

I’m a bit like that with boxing, I don’t know how many times I’d have given a round clearly to a boxer and he ends up losing on 3 or 4 cards

I preferred the old system where each hit scored a point and you could watch it going up like a real scoreboard

I had no idea what was going on in the scoring for Jack Woolley’s fight last night.

In fact I’m sure what the discipline was…73% confident it was taekwondo though.

1 Like

I watched an instructional video he made. Happy to field any questions

2 Likes

Someone tried explaining it to me but they were a bit wooly so I’m none the wiser

2 Likes

You can’t punch head. One point for punch to body. Points for kicks to head or body and more for spinning kicks. Penalty deducted for leaving ring or running away from fight.

He’s alright, Jack.

Can you do a spinning bird kick?

There’s a lot more to boxing than swinging wildly and landing a few punches…the punches need to be clean. Also, displaying good defence while also being some bit aggressive offensively can win you a tight round…

What would be considered the shock of the Olympics so far? Cole Hocker winning mens 1500, Jamacia 100m relay team not qualifying from Heat? What should be a prime Andre De Grasse tanking in the 200s?

You can if you are Chun Li.

2 Likes

Are they doing that bike race where the last fella each lap is eliminated?

The Kerin? Should be on this week.

It’s on now

1 Like

Women’s road race in the cycling.
American girl that was only there for the track cycling and took the spot in the road race at the last minute when someone else pulled out. She rode away from and bate Kopecky and Voss (two of the greatest ever) with her cap. She only took up cycling a couple of years ago and was a venture capitalist before.

1 Like

Peter Collins left his microphone on at the end of the afternoon coverage just now before the handover to Darragh Maloney.

But the only stuff that came through was wholesome.

“Cheers bud”
“Enjoy”

What a pro.

5 Likes