Paris Olympics 2024

The Ethiopian has this in the bag as long as the race hasn’t taken too great a Tola on him.

1 Like

I can never get over how fast these runners go in the marathon.

Was only thinking this. Unbelievable a human can do it. I wouldn’t be able to do 2km at this pace.

Christ!

Very hard to see much of a chance of a medal with those sort of names floating around

I would be the same. Some feat of the human body and they do it several times a year

Just over 3 mins a km for 42 of them.

2 Likes

Best i could do is 4 min a km for a 5km. :joy: wouldnt happen today either

The US will be miles ahead. The Dutch should beat us but Bol and Klaver have a lot of races in their legs (as do our girls). I wouldn’t be worried about GB. Anning set a NR in the final last night. Jamaica the ones I’d be most worried about as I’ve no clue who they have to bring back in.

I think it’ll be US in 1st, Dutch in 2nd and then a big battle for 3rd and our NR puts us right in the mix for that. Becker has improved since then so another NR gives us a shot of a medal.

5 Likes

Haha fucking certainly not for me anyway.

The top lads will do 2 a year max, maybe 3 at an absolute push

2 Likes

That was a savage marathon. Great commentary too.

A sporting pick and mix for a Saturday morning on rte.

@Cheasty is in his element

We might need a bit of luck in the relay. A dropped batton, DQ or someone pulling up. They are a bit chaotic at best of times. Hopefully we get a bit of luck for once and not finish 4th.

The Brit did well to get back up for fourth

Fuck klaver. Rhasidat will smoke her again

Channel 4 have a savage line up. The Morning Line covering the day’s flat racing is already gone but they have Trans World Sport on now featuring the Swiss sport of Schwingen followed by Kabaddi and Aussie Rules action from the VFL.

1 Like

I know Sharlene is a ride and all but surely adeleke should run the last leg

I never heard of the swiss sport. Lack of these magazine sports shows have robbed my generation

You would be some man to keep up with the 2 of them

Ronan Collins would be a great commentator on this.

1 Like