Paris Olympics 2024

Those stats are sort of meaningless as the sport moves on and gets faster and faster.

Sonia hit nail on head - opportunity for an Olympic medal and it’s gone and most likely it’s gone for two or three of them forever.

1 Like

Thats a remarkable time for her.

1 Like

If they were just happy to be 4th and not absolutely devastated, they wouldn’t have got as close as they did.

3 Likes

Ffs

What do they do mate?

https://twitter.com/danielhussey2/status/1822354982953230729?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

Sophie is probably a better actress though

Apologies to Phil.

She was great.

There’s no one behind really pushing Healy from what I can see. The likes of Caden, McGrory, Harrison and others would be a second or two slower.

This year seemed to be Beckers years to set her best standards. She has no pro deal so Irish funding will only get her so far without working. Sharlene should be fine for LA as she has Puma backing her once she keeps delivering.

As usual, Sonia is on the money

5 Likes

These girls are the very definition of great Olympians. The emotions in that interview were all over the place. They feel every possible feeling. As it should be. They feel alive. They’ll never feel as alive again. The days of lives. They brought us with them.

11 Likes

The little wan has ran up the stairs looking for a ribbon for her hair for park run tomorrow.

22 Likes

Is this event in the Worlds? When they are on?

Next September in Tokyo.

2 Likes

Iconic cc @peddlerscross

2 Likes

Think Healy went back working a few years ago in some science type field & nearly packed it in. She’s 29 now. Mawdsley & Becker 2 or 3 years younger. We need some 18 or 19 year olds to take steps forward to be ready in 4 years.

1 Like

They were incredible, together and individually. I would only glance at athletics now and again, but since the Europeans these have caught my attention. The Irish team as a whole in fact. I’ve watched everyday. But these girls are inspiring. I’m in my 50’s. So hopefully they have a similar effect on kids who can actually go into the sports.

12 Likes

Can Paddy get some of the horsey money diverted to fund athletes instead?

5 Likes

Its a sprint race in the olympics mate, pretty inane comment to say they gave it their all?

1 Like

And cue……

You said ‘we’ :sweat_smile:

1 Like