Paris Olympics 2024

Best Olympics for a long time

8 Likes

Jamaica didn’t finish mate. They smashed the Irish record mate. They gave it their all mate. You can run and fuck it up and not give it your all mate

Mate.

France holding their own in the basketball final. 4 point game approaching half time

Since Tokyo anyway

Like Westmeath in a Leinster football final against Dublin.

1964 or 2021?

The Olympics belongs in Europe.

1 Like

Make sure it is green

She may have ran her best but the lead she was given by Adeleke was more or less eliminated by the time the handover came to Mawdsley

Rob heffernan is absolutely fucking insufferable

4 Likes

Healy did well to preserve any lead in the home straight. I was certain she was going to be passed out into fifth by the final changeover but her last 100 were gutsy as hell.

12 Likes

Rob Heffernan is getting so much flak from other people on here that I’m beginning to reflexively like him.

6 Likes

I like Sonia though.

She’s not a happy clapper but doesn’t just throw out complete soundbites either, as pundits in some other sports do. She is actually making practical suggestions about things to be implemented.

8 Likes

His son is the next Paolo Maldini mate.

She knows what it is like.

The very definition of bittersweet

A couple of them in tears for the interview while Adeleke spoke exceptionally well. She has the head and heart for it, a small improvement next year and she will have a great career.

Don’t mind LA 2028. The world championships next year are surely the goal. Tokyo in September.

It has been a great Olympics, up alongside Barcelona and London for the best I have seen from Moscow onwards.

12 Likes

He’s at Newcastle now, maybe Jean-Alain Boumsong?

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

8 point game at half time. 3 point shooting the difference, France with 3 of 16 but are battling hard.

Hard to see anything other than a 15 point + win for the US but Yabosele with the big rump is putting in a serious shift for the French.

Rachel McCann and Lauren Cadden were part of the squad. They were 2nd and 3rd behind Becker in the Nationals. 1 is 22 and the other is 24. Hopefully they can kick on a bit over the next 4 years. Being part of the squad and experience is huge for future Olympics.

4 Likes