Paris Olympics 2024

Hasan surely in poll position now with her track speed.

Ireland Opel 1990 jersey in the crowd.

The crowd is almost entirely white bar a smattering of Japanese. The Africans dominant on the course.

It’s a long way from Nairobi and Addis Ababa to Paris.

Probably been mentioned already but that hill at the 27/28 km mark is just insanity…for me it’s kinda like the slight incline outside the Gaelic Grounds at the end of the great limerick run​:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Paris is a very black city. It’s interesting how you don’t get many black people attending sporting events in Europe or North America despite an ever increasing black predominance in terms of competitors.

California as a state is fucked. A lot of sane people who could have left. And yes, we all know why.

2 Likes

Typical sneaky Ethiopian tactics there to try and take Hasan out of it.

Jesus the marathons are disgusting.

A great victory for Europe over Africa.

Some suggestion in the LA Times that Rugby Sevens may be moved to the Rose Bowl which as it stands is only hosting football.

Major donation given over so they are looking to improve on the bronze.

Hassan stalked them around there. Got great cover. Bizarre tactics by front runners

Hasan like Emil Zatopek in Helsinki in 1952 medals in 5,000, 10,000 and Marathon. Zatopek got three golds though.

1 Like

Epic finish to the marathon. I thought it was a fair shoulder feom the dutch

She’s a mighty girl Hasan. No hills in the lowlands of the Netherlands to train on, yet she still negotiated that hilly Parisian course with aplomb.

The bantz between the 2 Davids was off tbe charts. Fantastic race. Fantastic Olympics. I’ll be 69 for Brisbane, I’ve informed Mrs Jones I’ll be retiring from the rat race and we’re going. As a new sports fan, and complete expert on all things Olympics, she’s on board

24 Likes

Terrific commentary.

Start buttering up @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy now to put you up in Brisbane.

2 Likes

The Dutch love going up mountains in the Tour de France. Alpe d’Huez is called the “Dutch Mountain”. Hassan struggled a wee bit with the hill at 28km but made up the gap comfortably enough on the descent.

Will the Athletics finals in LA be at their evening time? So 4-5am our time?

You’d presume they’ll be scheduled for a prime time east coast USA audience.

1 Like

I assume European Olympics get the largest tv viewing numbers due to being an ideal timezone to capture a vast majority of the worlds population? Western USA prime time only suits them really