Paris Olympics 2024

The last time they were in LA they were on in the middle of the night here. You’d start the day with a highlight show on RTE of what happened the night before.

No Hugh Cahill on boxing?
Not complaining

Edit: Probably poached by BBC

Nearly a good enough reason to go to LA so. Although I imagine morning athletics sessions will probably be scheduled for 8am PST or something ridiculous like that

Has something happened with hughie C? Was that what kimmage was on about?

What’s going on

Major events on the west coast are generally scheduled to suit east coast prime time. Superbowls on the west coast have the first half in daylight and that’s in January.

India is probably in the best time zone for having night events be in a time zone that can be seen by most of the world.

Major athletics finals in LA will likely be 1am-3am our time. The marathon in 1984 started at 1am our time.

1 Like

I’d imagine attending an Olympics in LA would be quite a trial. No public transport and spread out venues would require the use of car subjecting you to the hell of the cities traffic.

3 Likes

Check Twitter. Plenty of chat

There’s a lady from Bhutan still tipping around the marathon course.
Went through 35k in just over 3 hours. She should break the 3.50 mark, I’d imagine.

It’s no harm every now and again to let the Africans know that we have some champion distance runners in Europe as well. A bit like the Ryder Cup, that was a win for the whole continent.

Disappointing we haven’t seen any modern pentathlon. Delinquent horses are an essential part of the final weekend of the Olympics.

The schedule today is very poor for the final day of an Olympics. The two highlights are probably Serbia v Croatia in the men’s water polo final at 1pm and the women’s weightlifting 81kg starting NOW. Other than that it’s mainly track cycling and a few team finals such as the men’s handball, women’s volleyball and women’s basketball.

No boxing, no showjumping, the marathons are done.

1 Like

Public transit has improved significantly in LA and more lines are getting built.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2023-10-26/los-angeles-is-on-a-subway-building-tear-will-riders-follow

The biggest issue in LA is that it is associated with low income and crime.

I’ve used public transport in California and it’s usually just me and the homeless people on the bus. Interesting experience.

2 Likes

California is the home of the highway.

1 Like

Sure would you and the other cunt not just come out with your racist commentary instead of hiding behind coded language? Cowards.

It’s just like the Luas Red Line.

I’m not seeing anything bud

Some very very harsh judging in the women’s weightlifting competition. Challenges flying in from the competitors. This is where you need a real weightlifting expert like Ronan Collins to explain to the viewer exactly what is happening.

You’re pathetic. You truly are…

It has nothing to do with race…

1 Like