But an Olympic gold :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

We are joint 14th in the medals table

5 Likes

We could win ten medals

Pity MMA isnā€™t the Olympics
The Mc would bring home the gold

1 Like

Heā€™s not very Irish in that he seems to have an unshakable belief in himself and isnā€™t afraid to show it.

4 Likes

Definitely. Phelps was ADHD

And thatā€™s why heā€™s not coming 4th.

Really admire him.

There is no end to the talent in Down! Mark Foster reckons his technique with the high elbows was the best in the race and saw him home, fellas on here immediately go for the juicing angle.

4 Likes

He talks the talk and swims the swims

3 Likes

More likely that he isnā€™t able to hide it,

I assumed Wiffen was one of themmuns, via England. I especially assumed this when I saw he grew up in some village between Lurgan and Moira. But I see heā€™s a past pupil of St. Patā€™s Armagh. Are there any other high profile past pupils of St. Patā€™s Armagh RTE could contact for Joanne to interview for reaction?

Begrudgers out in force.

1 Like

If heā€™s caught doping heā€™s English; thatā€™s the fall back

3 Likes

Almost Limerickesque

Himself and Paul Oā€™Donovan genuinely believe theyā€™re the best in the world. And the majority of Irish people probably see them as being a bit odd. That probably sums up the problem with our attitude to self belief.

10 Likes

Exactly. Unreal talented sportsmen should be confident and show off. They should even get angry when their greatness isnā€™t recognised. Say in pubs. Might even merit them asking if other patrons ā€œknow who the fuck they areā€

1 Like

Not at all. Kept the two kids up late to see it.

Great stuff.

The way he reeled them in the last 100m :clap:

1 Like

Killer instinct of a road racer

An uactarann CLG loves a mic and camera

H couldnā€™t be more different from Paul Oā€™Donovan but I get what youā€™re saying

Theyā€™re right