Paris Olympics 2024

Magic, thatā€™s why this is the greatest show on Earth.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good job also that the second letter in his surname isnā€™t ā€˜aā€™

2 Likes

He cried. We will take that :joy:

5 Likes

He mouthed the first line and the tears began.
Fair fucks.
How old is he?
Is he our first male swimming Olympic medal?

1 Like

The Oirish media will hold him to account

Are you allowed use terms like male and female these days?

1 Like

Dude/Dudette?

1 Like

He started singing and then the tears started. Heā€™s human after all. Just pure emotion.

It did remind me of this though

2 Likes

Iā€™m delighted for Wiffen. I see a good bit of my lad in him. My fellow is a powerful swimmer too but he doesnā€™t have the comprehension to swim competitively.

20 Likes

It was much better than than the vomit fest around mcsharry in fairness. Weā€™ve matured as a swimming nation.

The two other medalists were pretty warm to Wiffen, which Iā€™m taking as a good sign.

One virtual euro to the first poster to post the name of the US swimmer who refused to acknowledge/shake hands with Seashell Myth back in 1996.

1 Like

Joe was also a guitarist in the Eagles and had a great solo hit with Lifeā€™s Been Good.

2 Likes

Janet Evans ?

7 Likes

Janet??

Correct.

I was glancing through RIP.ie not very long ago at all and chanced upon the passing of the father of our previous Olympic swimming medallist before last evening.

He seemed like a great father so I had a level of sympathy for him that his daughter turned out to be a drugs cheat.

1 Like

Itā€™d be nice to see him held up as an example for kids on the spectrum to show anything is possible and itā€™s not a blocker to success in life

13 Likes

Ah lads - in a pool full of Chads and lads thatā€™d nick your girlfriend in a jiffy itā€™s fantastic that a guy like that can be the fastest ever over 800m in Olympics history. Proper emotion too at the medals. Inspirational stuff.

27 Likes

Can I borrow a virtual euro?

1 Like

Also set up JWT
No Irish person would have ever been abroad pre 1990 without Joe

1 Like