Paris Olympics 2024

1 Like

Think most of my nieces played it. Seems to be common enough down here for girls, less so boys.

I reckon we hit 10
2 gold ( 1 swim, 1 rowing)
4 silver ( 1 swim, 1 row, 1 box, 1gymnastics)
4 bronze ( 1 swim, 4 boxers, )

If everything goes really well it could be 6 gold
2 row, 1 gym, 2 swim, 1 box
But its unl8kely to go that well

I think that’s an absolutely ridiculous comment for most Olympic sports. How the fuck would anyone have a clue about badminton or canoe slalom never mind swimming or rowing without someone explaining it to us?

Badminton - keep the ball (the shuttlecock) over the net and inside the lines.
Canoe slalom - first past the line and don’t hit those post thingys in the middle of the river
Swimming & Rowing - first past the post.

Are there any other sports you’re not sure about?

8 Likes

The triathlon finally gets underway this morning

1 Like

https://twitter.com/moneillsf/status/1818383709436817535?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

1 Like

1 Like

No medals on the line today, but by the end of the day we could have Mona in another final, Kellie with a guaranteed medal, our sailors primed for a medal race, and up to 4 rowers into finals. And Nhat into the the next round. Or we could end the day with nothing!

1 Like

Is Dominant Puspure retired from the rowing now?

1 Like

The water looks filthy. On Eurosport 2

Vile. A few skidding out on the corners in the bike section as well. Sore enough in your swimming togs.

:smile:

Very good.

Does Wiffen have a chance for gold in the 1500 metres?

Walk before you run. Sound enough theory really.

2 Likes

Seemingly . He said 800m isn’t his favourite event

1 Like

He’s the odds on favourite with the bookies.

2 Likes

Yes, its his strongest event

If I know Badminton like I think I know Badminton, I think he’s going to do it.

When we used to play badminton in school, we had a rule where if the “ball” hit the roof and got stuck up there, you automatically lost. I wonder is that the same here?

15 Likes