Paris Olympics 2024

Heā€™s half black I believe. One of his parents is black. I suppose itā€™s a question of how he identifies himself

Thereā€™s surely a thread to debate doping in sport. This is not it.

You get all worked up the minute itā€™s mentioned in relation to the Olympics every single time.

I donā€™t accept any doping at all in any sport.

Since Michelle smith can anybody name one Irish swimmer?

Doping tainted it as a sport.

If you canā€™t name an Irish swimmer since Smith youā€™re clearly not interested in sports
Is Gary Oā€™Toole the only other swimmer youā€™ve heard of?

3 Likes

It would be a real shame to see the Olympics go the way of the Tour de France.

Were they almost openly admit to doping and nobody really cares.

People lose interest quick.

Yet youā€™re happy to watch other sports that you like with doping issues, but got all high and mighty about people watching the Olympics

2 Likes

This place is absolutely bonkers.

2 Likes

You watch horseracing which is rotten to core with doping and general cheating. The horses donā€™t choose to dope and it often kills them. Itā€™s an industry based on blood, money, no morals and run by Middle Eastern despots.

Casting aspersions on a young Irish woman with no evidence at all is disgusting. She is not doping. If she reaches a podium it will be in Irelandā€™s greatest sporting achievements and moments of all time. If she wins gold itā€™s the greatest.

8 Likes

The horsey set are obsessed with doping, fixing and cheating

3 Likes

As bent a ā€œsportā€ as there is out there

2 Likes

Not a sport

2 Likes

Iā€™m not casting aspersions but if they are able to beat dopers then they are doping.

It was always the clearest evidence against lance Armstrong he was beating dopers.

I have sympathy for the athletes because a lot of them are competing for a living and thatā€™s invariably how doping takes hold. Survival more than anything else.

Ah lads :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Athletics and the pool are the dirtiest sports for doping.

If you can competing at the very top you are doping. Same as cycling.

If you doped would you beat a non doper in Olympics ?

Are there dopes who dope?

Anyway back to the magic of the games

The lads all with their hands on their knees not moving after the race is very much of its time.

Straw clutching at best.

Lads are in denial it seems.

Paul McGinley