Passport renewal

Thatā€™s cause it was a Limerick company that developed and implemented it.

2 Likes

I think I had one of the fastest processed passport renewals last year. Applied at about 9 am on December 23rd, passport arrived in the post at 8:30 am on Dec 24.

6 Likes

While on the subject whats the turn around fir renewing your drivers licence? Mines up in September

Sure hasnā€™t every EU citizen permanent residency if they want it?

You can do it online and itā€™s relatively straightforward but you need to have the public services card, a mygovid, proof of address and proof of residency (if not born here).
If you donā€™t have one of the above, you have to go into the office and fill in the paper forms. My other half had a torturous time getting his because he became an Irish citizen in be the late 80ā€™s, I think, and the citizenship certificates from back then are much different to the current ones and they wanted it for proof of residency, even though he also has an Irish passport. The driving licence office people hadnā€™t seen one like it and there was a big rigmarole sending the forms off to HQ etc. etc. It took ages. I think it was his fourth licence, so heā€™d been driving for 30 years and never had a problem renewing the old style ones.

1 Like

Iā€™m here longer than that.

1 Like

I have all of the above anyway the public service card. Just wondering how long that process is to get the new one so I get it done in time

You can do it three months before it expires and itā€™s quick when you have all your paperwork

1 Like

Thereā€™s an extension in place at the moment as well, go onto NDLS.ie and the calculator will tell you how many extra months you have

1 Like

Online renewal also did it it through my public service card (had to get one when made redundant 5 years ago) account and had it 2 days later.

1 Like

All the lads renewing their passports, do you really believe that Tony will allow ye to travel this year?

4 Likes

Mines out of date. Couldnt give a bollix either.

No comfort going somewhere having to get a PCR test coming back. I donā€™t see that as a holiday.

Get a couple of good weeks here weather wise would be just as good to be honest.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry Iā€™ll be at the UN in November after taking over craggy island

Yes 2 trips booked this year

1 Like

Weā€™ll be back to the old normal by the end of the year. I have 1.5 trips booked and am working on a third.

1 Like

Hurdle 1. The photo. Fail. My head was tilted slightly. I took another photo and resubmitted it.

We go again.

You were probably smiling too much ā€¦

10 Likes

:rofl: Likely alright.

1 Like

Arrived today.

Seems unlikely.

3 Likes