Passport renewal

This deserved a lot more than it gotā€¦

Ffs glas. Would you ever go ask @artfoley how to answer a PQ on subtlety thereā€¦

My passport is up since December 2019ā€¦I must get round to getting a new one.

Arrived yesterday.

2 Likes

Trying for the last hour to renew online and the site keeps crashing :sob:

You were too late. You should have applied before the restrictions were lifted. Sure every gobshite in the country is looking for a passport now.

I have been tracking my application and it said yesterday that the site was going to be down for the day for maintenance

Is the passport card an absolute cod? Had trouble with it at the Spanish passport control (twice) and it didnā€™t work with the speed gates in Dublin. Luckily I brought my book

Waste of time

1 Like

Cc: @Enrique

Spanish passport control looks at it says passport. I reply passport card, he mutters gibberish to his colleague and tries to scan it. Says no Id has to be passport. Gave him my book works straight away. I asked do they not take the card he replies its not a passport. A cod. The department of forgien affairs are getting an email that its a cod

1 Like

As I said, I find it useful for frequent travel and especially in the states. Old timers like @balbec and @Fagan_ODowd baulk at the thoughts of an extra 40quid or whatever but theyā€™re operating in a different century

3 Likes

I have the card. As you say itā€™s ok for ID but I can use a driving license for that.

Itā€™s pointless

1 Like

I think @Batigol accepts passport cards so you should be fine with one. Personally I wouldnā€™t bother.

1 Like

I had the card. Didnā€™t bother renewing it.

The card is only handy for going over to the mainland and back regularly

1 Like

Hes one up on the machine.

Handy for young ones, my 2 used it for ID between 18-21 never used it for travel

1 Like

I followed their Twitter account and the service was back up for two hours before I logged on to their site.
I got there eventually anyway, took about an hour.