Passport renewal

36 hours is impressive turnaround time for a public sector service.

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0202/1277275-ireland-passports/

Ten days isn’t a bad TAT in fairness.

You’d wonder what class of a cunt would go to their local TD to accelerate getting a passport…

6 Likes

The ordinary, everyday, class…

Always a good move to get the dig in early yourself.

Always!

1 Like

Online application renewal sent in Monday.
Arrived in the post today, Thursday.

Not bad!
It’s just first time applications and adding children takes a bit of time.

A bit?

Months, see above.
And I’d no help from Willie O’Dea either…

1 Like

It’s incredible how they have an automated system in place for renewals that can process passports in hours, but a manual system for new passports that literally takes months.

It’s insane. Surely they should have been straight back to ActionPoint (the software company involved) and said now just do a similar system for new passports.

1 Like

Wasn’t one TD on saying they have to teat it like an application for Irish citizenship so have to go through in finer detail? We had two hold ups - one getting a PPS number for the baby and then the application itself. Both incredibly slow

I did 2 first time applications last August for myself and Plastic Patricia. Exactly the same circumstances and no queries on either. Hers arrived on the 12th of October and mine yesterday. Hopeless trying to contact via webchat or phone.

With renewals your right to a passport has already been established.

Anyway, are you telling me that you think the job of our top class civil servants, with their gold-plated pensions, can just be outsourced to some IT geek?

1 Like

I’d say you’re a dinger operating that passport printer.

There’s a knack to it. You couldn’t just outsource it to @KinvarasPassion. Lads need lifetime contracts.

2 Likes

She must be more flexible than you…

By God she isn’t

@artfoley @glasagusban WTF is a cover page?I have the identity form.

Tis all there on the passport website. Its basically a form signed by a notary (nurses, accountants, teachers are all qualified now) to say you are who you are, and so is your partner. You get them to sign the form, bang it in the post, and get it done.