Passport renewal

They canā€™t do that sure, how would you get a Guard, who has no idea who you are, to verify your identity on tinternet?

Nowhere :laughing:

Can someone tell me if the below link is working for them? Wonā€™t load for me and canā€™t track my passport.

https://www.anpost.com/

Link opens but needs tracking number

Edit: feel free to PM me tracking number

2 Likes

Download some sort of a tracking app.

Youā€™ll get a ping if thereā€™s any movement on it then.

2 Likes

Cheers but ā€œuserā€™s profile is hidden.ā€

Messaged you

1 Like

Still waiting on first passport for young lad. April 20th is the date they have for us. Done online in January. Older kids renewals came back sorted in few weeks

Thatā€™s as long as Iā€™ve heard anyone having to wait for the online one.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Is your young lad anything to the Kinahans?

2 day turn around time, unreal

1 Like

Nah but Iā€™ve serious McDonagh suspicions :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I sent my application in on Friday April 1st and got the passport back in the post this morning. Thatā€™s excellent going in fairness. The original information was that it would be ready by April 19th. The only negative was that the letter was opened by the post office.

Iā€™d to chase them to get ours within 3 months was waiting on it for a trip and expected date came and went, to be fair once I actually got through to someone (which was a bit of an ordeal), they sorted in a week.

The online renewal is working like a charm it would seem. Just the new ones are the hassle

We got it yesterday, 5 days to spare !

Joe Carey was utilised in the end. Ireland will never change

John Murphy
4 College Hill
Mullingar
Co. Westmeath

This, apparently is an actual letter received by the Irish Passport Office.

Dear Sirs,

Iā€™m in the process of renewing my passport, and I am losing the will to live. How is it that Sky Television has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a fucking satellite dish from them back in 1995, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was fucking born and on what date.

For fuck sake, do you guys do this by hand? My birth date you have on my pension book, and it is on all the income tax forms Iā€™ve filed
for the past 30 years. It is on my PPS card, my driving license, my car insurance, on the last eight fucking passports Iā€™ve had, before being allowed off the plane over the last 50 years, and all those insufferable census forms.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my motherā€™s name is Mary Anne, my fatherā€™s name is Robert and Iā€™d be absolutely fucking astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die!!!

I apologise, because Iā€™m really pissed off this morning. Between you anā€™ me, Iā€™ve had enough of this shit! You send back the application form to my house, then you ask me for my fucking address!!!

What the fuck is going on? Do you have a bunch of neanderthal arseholes working there? Look at my fucking picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I just want to go and park my arse on some nice sandy beach somewhere and would someone please tell me, why would you give a shit whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?
Well, I have to sign off now, because I have to go to the other end of the fucking country to get another fucking copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of ā‚¬30. Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day??
Nooooooooooooo, thatā€™d be too fucking easy and maybe make sense. Youā€™d rather have us running all over the fuckinā€™ place like chickens with our heads cut off, then have to find some arsehole to confirm that itā€™s really me on the damn picture - you know, the one where weā€™re not allowed to smile?! (bureaucratic fuckinā€™ morons) Hey, do you know why we couldnā€™t smile if we wanted to? Because weā€™re totally hacked off!

Signed

An Irate Citizen.

P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that itā€™s me? Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 ā€¦ I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had full security clearances over 25 of those years enabling me to undertake highly secretive work all over the world and then here in Ireland
ā€¦ However, I have to get someone ā€˜importantā€™ to verify who I am

• you know, someone like my doctor - WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN FUCKING PAKISTAN !

Sincerely . . .

John sounds like a complete and utter ballbag dumb racist cunt. The fucking idiot having problems getting a passport renewal. Maybe its him that is the dumb cunt in all of this.

Gives out that he has to ā€œgo to the other end of the country to get his birth certā€ and ā€œwhy cant all the services be in one placeā€. Well why doesnt the stupid cunt have his birth cert in a safe place so he doesnt have to go to the other end of the country to get it.

8 Likes

Is that @glenshane?

Renewal is straight forward. No birth cert needed. This is bullshit.

You did see who posted it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like