Passport renewal

Get himself known to the Gardai

Might chance Raheny instead. I went there to get forms signed before (must have been change of address for electoral register for last general election).

Yes I suppose they might not take kindly to a lad from Killester pretending he was from Clontarf

4 Likes

Clontarf West according to google maps…

There’s an estate agent on the Malahide Road near the turn for Artane that claims to be situated in Clontarf.

Make sure you nail the photos when taking them. On the day we were expecting eldest’s PP to be delivered, we got notification that we need to retake photo … head wasn’t full on or some such nonsense. It took about two months to get the youngests delivered.

I had a row with a taxi man one night when I lived in Castle Court that went something like this.

Can you take me to Castle Court?
In Killester is it?
No it’s actually in Clontarf.
Have you something against Killester?
No but I don’t live in Killester I live in Clontarf.
Too good for Killester is it?

4 Likes

And then you moved to Howth… he’d love to get his hands on you now.

Sutton Proper

Are you not in Donaghmede?

No. Sutton Proper. I would occasionally shop in Donaghmede, but that’s about the height of it.

If you get this wrong first time you’re absolutely fucked. Lost in the digital minefield of the passport office blavk hole. I can’t stress enough how important this is. Your best bet is possibly not to bother at all and go glamping in Longford or Leitrim. Then make up a story in a few years and try and get traction with Liveline or conor Pope and have them bludgeon you a passport with publicity.
Maybe put the genius first child in charge of the application so at least you’ll have someone to blame if he fucks it up.

6 Likes

Where were you getting the taxi from ?

Town

You got into a taxi in town and asked to be brought to the actual street ??

Surely you should have said ‘Clontarf’ and then directed him to Castle Court once in the area.

I suppose I could have done that too, yes.

Don’t get me wrong, the driver still probably would have said

“Why did you say Clontarf when you got in when you were going to Killester” ?

He was the type of taxi driver that would have said that, you’re right.

A teacher can do this. Doesn’t need to be a guard. They may call the school to verify

An accountant can too.

Wherever would he find one of them.

Takes about 4 months to get them processed.Dent mine in the end of Jan and got them back end of May. You’re doing a staycation I take it.