PDC World Darts Championship 2009

Baxter is actually playing the way he has been expected to for the last 10 years. Outstanding stuff from the man. Barneveld doesn’t have a clue whats going on.

Unbelievable stuff from Co Stompe. I actually set up a thread last year making fun of him. He beat Taylor in the final of the German Darts Championship last month so he won’t fear him.

Classic here between Barney and Baxter. We could be going right to sudden death.

Jesus, I backed Barney a few hours ago, didn’t even realise what was going on. This is box office stuff.

Momentous sport.

Barney looks to have lost it

I’m fucking sick after that.

Sheer dartistry.

Breathtaking.

Lovely darts

Cheer up Flingo, kick in the bollix for Baxter but it’s going to be a better tournament for Barney still being in it.

Amazing stuff.

Baxter played like that in the BDO many times but never won a title.

Missed two darts for double. Barney didnt.

That was the difference.

I wonder, given the amount of experience Baxter already has, does he actually learn anything from something like that, or is it just all about the moment.

Barneveld bores the bollocks off me. Who does he have next?

Scratch that, it’s Klassen he has next.

Can’t be arsed checking, that Planet Darts site is carp

Some Dutch lad by the looks of things, some little tripod by the name of Jelly

Jelle Klaasen next. A repeat of the BDO final from a few years back.

When Darts is played like that there’s no sport in the world to match it. Ten years on from their classic Lakeside final which went all the way, another classic between Barney and Baxter. I’m holding them personally responsible for me totally forgetting I had dinner in the oven and burning the shit out of it. You’d want a heart of stone not to feel for Baxter after that, he’s always seemed a likeable enough man. But being selfish I wanted Barney to win because I want the showdown with Taylor in the final.

Draw is Taylor v Stompe with the winner to meet King or Bates.

Other half sees Barneveld v Klaasen to meet Nicholson or Wade/Van der Voort.

Wade a bit hit and miss here, but he’s probably the only man who can put his dart in the way of the dream final.

Gas.

The crowd are singing ‘Are you shagging Chamberlain?’ to Wade when he’s throwing.