PDC World Darts Championship 2010

barney playing well but ronnie has’nt showing up

Ah this is very disappointing stuff so far.

Hard to see Ronnie coming back now…

I hope he makes a game of it, I don’t like to see this myself even though I’m up for Barney.

good darts from barney though sid…

I think it shows the power of psychology. Barney still has an aura of invincibility second only to Taylor, maybe the fact that a lot of people expected Baxter to win is weighing heavily on him whereas nobody gave him much of a chance against Barney last year. Playing against Anderson who has a tendency to choke and Lloyd who is also a choker and looks finished is a lot easier psychologically.

good point sid. i’ll still lay the bollix out of him versus whitlock. this performance will make him much shorter than what he should be

For a lad that Fenaway said was finished in the game he’s doing allright.
It’s never over 'til the fat lady sings though. This is not nice to watch.

Barney must have been eating a hell of a lot of Mars Bars over the last two days.

[quote=“balloobasluvsbeer”]For a lad that Fenaway said was finished in the game he’s doing allright.
It’s never over 'til the fat lady sings though. This is not nice to watch.[/quote]

Indeed he is. It’s premature to be writing off Barney at this stage. He’s playing well tonight.

Baxter hasn’t turned up.*

*I presume he watched Whitlocks performance earlier and decided to lay himself with everything he had at 6/4 on Betfair…

I told ye all Mars bars would be the key to his possible victory

[quote=“balloobasluvsbeer”]For a lad that Fenaway said was finished in the game he’s doing allright.
It’s never over 'til the fat lady sings though. This is not nice to watch.[/quote]

one performance does’nt mean hes back though. lets see what he does versus whitlock. i still dont see him ever winning another world championship.

I never said he is back, but as you can surely admit now (even if he loses), he is far from finished as a top player.

he is finished as a top player. i would give him no chance versus wade, whitlock taylor or lewis the way he is playing.

Baxter has been an embarressment tonight. Where’s the Ronnie that handed Anderson his arse in the second round gone?

More like it now…

Barney still averaging less than 95. Admittedly not under any pressure. He’ll have to up it significantly if he’s to beat Whitlock.

Barney isn’t finished as a top player.

You’re talking like a madman now fenway…

[quote=“The Dunph”]Baxter has been an embarressment tonight. Where’s the Ronnie that handed Anderson his arse in the second round gone?

More like it now…[/quote]

thats the thing dunph, anyone of the top pros would beat ronnoie baxter the way he is playing tonight. barney has played well tonight no doubt but its easy when your under no pressure

[quote=“The Dunph”]Barney isn’t finished as a top player.

You’re talking like a madman now fenway…[/quote]

by top player, i mean regular finalist of main events.

If he wins tonight he is in the semis of the PDC world. Any player who does this is surely a top player. Your hatered for him is blinding you a bit on that score now Fenaway in fairness. I don’t think he’ll win it this year either but believe it or not I give him every chance of beating Whitlock(providing he wins this) on the big stage.