PDC World Darts Championship 2010

[quote=ā€œSpecial Olympiakosā€]John Terry approached James Wade in a chemist trying to say hello only for Wade to tell him to sling his hook I read this morningā€¦ Obviously feels he is a bigger superstar than the current England football captain?

Proper Darts. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Wade is a wanker.

:eek:

Terry was probably trying to sell him a tour of the training ground

Magnus Caris there is a real blast from the past, first time on TV for years Iā€™d say. Just won his prelim 4-0, a better thrower at his best than a lot of people in this tournament. Should have played Part in the '94 Embassy final but threw away a 4-2 lead in the semi against Bobby George and the crowd to lose 5-4. George was hobbling around after injuring his back and wnt on to lose the final 6-0. Neither of them ever really surfaced again at the top level after that tournament.

Van Gerwen is 20 and is already going bald and developing a belly even though he doesnā€™t look to be naturally that heavy. I shudder to think what heā€™ll look like in ten years time. Iā€™d say heā€™s a serious boozer, considering his form in PDC has been disappointing compared to what he promised.

If he gets s glimpse of the possible earnings he might up his game though.

Classic Lloyd here, mixing 140s with 50s.

Great win for Co Stompe beating Mervyn King.

Stompe won?

I missed it and iā€™m missing all the darts today, are there any good links around?

Had a foolishly large bet on Stompe in running, was doing the Chasing the Sun dance around the living room when he nailed that last double :pint:

:clap:

Great win for Stompe, something i wasnā€™t really expecting as King has been very good all year.

How did Stompe play? Was it a close match?

Stompe won 2 sets 3-0, then he was 3-1 up and King got it back to 3-2. The sixth was poised at 2-2 and King had 3 darts at double 16. If heā€™d won the set heā€™d have gone on to win the game but Stompe nailed him. Stompe is an alright sort. :clap:

Stompe was tipped at 7/2 in the bible today as well, alas I didntā€™ back him at anything like that.

Very much so. :clap:

As i said a few weeks ago here, iā€™ve a few bob on Stompe to win the tournament outright at about 650/1 or something. Heā€™s not going to win it out though barring a miracle involving Taylor, Wade and Barney getting knocked out early onā€¦ :smiley:

Unbelieveable game between Lewis and Newton here, the best match in the tournament so far without doubtā€¦

Lewis on a nine darter. :eek:

I thought Lewis was very impressive winning that. What side of the draw is he on? Heā€™ll be a threat anyway if he keeps playing like that.

He looked good at times alright. I think he scored over 12 180ā€™s and had three darts to complete a nine darter at one stage.

Heā€™s playing McDine nextā€¦

Lloyd and Ovens have to be comfortably the two worst players left in the tournament. Ovens missed 13 darts to win the set to go 3-2 up and Lloyd still let him win it. Lloyd is straying way out of the 20 and miscalculating on finishes a lot and has gone for the wrong double on more than one occasion, looks finished as a player. This man was once ranked PDC no.1:D Ovens has always been shite.

Lloyd steadied to win 4-3, winning the last set 3-0. In fairness Iā€™d have good shout of beating Ovens.

JP not at the races at all at all here. :mad: Shepherd acting the cunt as well.