Peninsula Thread

With a break in the heat wave residents of the peninsula will finally get some respite from the day trippers. Hoards of mainlanders gawping at us from the que of idiots outside beshoffs who think no trip to the peninsula is complete without a cod and chips. Glad to see the back of them

Helicopter out over Howth tonight. Never a good sign.

a fear known only too well to all peninsula dwellers.

Sad news alright. I dread to hear that helicopter go up.

http://img.rasset.ie/00063c76-642.jpgA coast guard unit was involved in the search
A sea and coastal search for a man missing off Howth ended after a body was found in the water near the east pier and Balscadden Road area.

A garda helicopter, Howth lifeboat and the local coast guard unit were all involved in the search which began after 9pm.

The search was called off at 11.55pm.

Gardaí described the incident as a tragedy and are not investigating any suspicions about the death.

Just back from the social event of the year on the Peninsula so far. The three tenors performing in the unusual surroundings of St Fintans Church. Some absolutely beautiful music. Including one of my favourites Somewhere from West Side Story. Lovely

gay

predictable.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd @Rocko
Hope you and yours were safe during the recent peninsula power outage. Power has now been restored.
some terrific improvisation from the deer park hotel who cancelled their usual menu and went bbq during the outage.
Rnli had their own generator but only shared power with yacht club members.

3 Likes

I’m in Paris pal but thanks for the heads up.

Thought you were down in Cork.

Just flew over the peninsula there lads… Would there be much of a stench off the swamp on a warm day?

2 Likes

Fuck off.

You stuck in bank holiday traffic?

No I am waiting patiently to see Kraftwerk tonight.

1 Like

Are you wearing the Tour de France jumper?

:smile: No.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd I see Aqua in Howth won some global award for being the best seafood restaurant. Although it sounds like a makey-uppy award. You eaten there?

Can anyone other than @Fagan_ODowd answer this?