People Kev knows

Would make sense cos we’re broke. Sure the u20 Hurlers were fundraising for meals for after training or something.

A Laois underage squad had to fundraise to go to the Slieve Bloom Mountains recently :smiley:

1 Like

Ah FFS sake :see_no_evil:

1 Like

He was some shaper in fairness. He was like an irate Serie A coach patrolling the sideline in Thurles during the All-Ireland camogie semi-final against Wexford that I attended back in 2014. It preceded the Clare v Antrim and Wexford v Galway U21 semi-finals in an exceedingly attractive and random triple-header. He had the cut of a lad on the cusp of taking camogie to places that it had never gone before. I’d imagine Kev relished such notions.

3 Likes

Even when we were kids at Innisfails he was unreal.

1 Like

I think he won a load of All Irelands with Cork but I recall he did evening punditry on The Sunday Game for a final Cork lost after he left the role. This must have been 2, 3 or 4 years back & he excoriated the new manager. He was waving the pen & listing all his grievances - tactics, starting selection, positioning of players, in game switches…he really went for yer man. Des or whoever was trying to steer him back to inoffensive platitudes & generalities but he kept returning to his strong criticisms of the manager. He was absolutely apoplectic so he was. Relax you weirdo, it’s only camogie, I thought to myself. But I didn’t say this as it would be sexist to diminish the importance of the women’s game.

15 Likes

I remember that. It was box office. The way he went on you’d swear they were hammered. If I remember correctly they lost by a point to a typical camogie goalkeeping error.

I know people who have across him on the sideline in camogie circles and inter county minor. They both said he is possibly the biggest dickhead you could meet.

17 Likes

A top movement coach will always take a costly individual error hard.

He lost a few finals too. Not an overly impressive record in what had become a 3 team sport. They played an awful defensive brand of camogie from what I remember. 0-9 to 0-8 type finals on the regular.

Who are ye talking about ?

Paul Kinnerk’s non-union Mexican equivalent

2 Likes

A hipster Cork camogie manager who took himself very seriously. Kev was part of his backroom team at one stage apparently. Paudie Murray is his name.

1 Like

Himself and Shane Ronayne got into s huge row on Red FM a few years back over UCC v Cork Camogie player access.

I wish i could find the clip but I’d say Red FM burned the tapes.

It was absolutely fantastic radio.

3 Likes

Kevin Murray was also involved in the set up I think

Box
Office

14 Likes

Outstanding.

Kev is the biggest name in the gaa right now

7 Likes

Incredible. His TFK archive will be worth a small fortune someday.

1 Like

He won’t like being referred to as ‘one fan’.

1 Like

Iconic

8 Likes

Great days

2 Likes