People who have been mugged off. Good and proper like mickee321

Wha?

1 Like

Ah jaysus.

On a related note the last estate I was in would be riddled with kids doing cake sales and lemonade stands and all of that kind of shit. You’d almost feel bad getting out of the car in the evening, blanking the neighbours kids and marching with the head down straight into the house.There’s a nawful lot to be said for living in a wan-off bungalow on a back road in the middle of nowhere.

With an island.

While I’m at it. Another in the series.

Mascot show in the Green hills last weekend.

For anyone not familiar, first of all I envy you, but it involves a few teenagers dressed up in say a paw patrol outfit. They walk out do a dance and then go off to the side and the kids take pictures with them.

It is quite frankly the greatest business model I’ve ever seen.

So €40 in. Because adults are charged more than kids because clearly if you are that fucking stupid you deserve a stupid tax.

When you get in then every kid has those swords with lights in them. €10 a pop x 2. We currently have a collection of them at home from previous muggings off by the way. I said to the missus I’m going selling them for a €5 from the boot at the next one. If they paid a euro max for them they were robbed. Anyway I digress.

Then there’s popcorn. Sure we have to get popcorn. €3 a cone x 2.

Then face painting. Sure fuck it why not. €3 x 2

I’d say there was easily 100 families in the same boat. Some money maker.

Whole thing was absolute carnage. They wouldn’t run a tap, for all the money they were making.

Mugged off scale I’d say an 8/10. It was a thorough pocket emptying. But to be fair the kids loved it and sure tis only money.

Added bonus of a meltdown when the face paint had to come off before bed. About an hour after it went on.

Spectacular self mugging off. And what’s worse. It’s the second time I’ve been there

8 Likes

Knocking on the door and running away. What do ye nordies call it?

Knick nack is another name I’ve heard down here.

They have it soft in an estate. When we used to knock on the door and run away in the country we had to leg a half acre drive to get away over the wall. Real jeopardy

2 Likes

They just knocked on the door, then shot them in the kneecap

7 Likes

Sorry. What’s “running away”?

2 Likes

These colours don’t run.

Dont beat yourself up. You could have paid for everything twice.
I might have mentioned it before, but jack dee wrote one of those ‘life in the day of’ articles for the sunday times. He mentioned taking his crew to Disney land; standing in queues, getting ripped off, grumpy kids rows with the wife, etc. The following year he took the family to brighton for a week…ice-cream, picnics, fish n chips and donkey rides- absolute bliss. Always stuck in my head…too bad i cant afford a day at the beach.

3 Likes

I presume you had one of the best days at the beach that anybody has ever had when you were only 15?

1 Like

The beach hadn’t been invented when i was fifteen…I’m sure i would have shredded it though

For some reason I read that post in the voice of the main blondie girl in Derry Girls,it was much funnier than way

1 Like

Magnificent

You mug :smiley:

The kids arent into face painting, I thank my lucky stars every single day and silently chuckle When I see parents in queues to have it done. Godawful shite.

Me, paying about €120 p/m for fibre/mobile with Eir the last year. Now I’ll be paying about €13 p/m for mobile (48) and €30 p/m with vodafone fibre.

3 Likes

Eir make a lot of revenue of the ‘better the devil you know’ brigade.

2 Likes

I feel like a right prick. Like I was hearing people saying “oh, Internet is gone quare expensive these days” so I just thought it was the norm. I won’t be getting caught like that again I hope.

1 Like

It’s always good to shop around and check the competitors offers when a contract is up for renewal. I worked for Vodafone cancellations at one point and a threat to cancel, even if not genuine can net you a huge savings.

2 Likes

Signing in. Went up to Sligo to support GUFC aka Irish association soccer. Match called off for an orange warning and it’s roasting outside.

4 Likes

Ffs. The slippery bastard said he was one of us.
https://twitter.com/vicktop55/status/1776880311508381732?t=QQH6pzoTZTc0r756I4speQ&s=19