Phil Hogan - We'll miss him now he's gone

Heā€™ll go for the right price.ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬

1 Like

Charlie McCreevy tried to soften the blow by nominating him for a cushy position with the European Investment Bank

Claire Byrne had Shane Ross and former District Justice Michael Patwell on discussing Woulfies fate this morning. Before an important piece on the significance of salt and pepper in cookery.

3 Likes

I presume patwell was in favour of letting woulfie off the hook like he did with Tim allen

1 Like

Of course he was. ā€œHe should just keep his head downā€

Heā€™s upset Fat Frankie though.

It seems like the other members of the Supreme Court feel they canā€™t work with Woulfie. This really is unchartered territory and unprecedented. Itā€™s going to be a real headache for Champ and Minister McEntee trying to fill 8 judicial posts on the Supreme Court all at the same time.

3 Likes

FFG being in coalition will make this task considerably easier.

Any prospective candidates for judicial appointment from the IRA/SF ranks, currently in the Law Library? Back in the day, Seamus Sorohan S.C. would have been very republican minded but there wouldnā€™t have been many, if indeed any of his ilk in the Law Library.

Theyā€™ll have to bring young finucane down from up North. Heā€™s already familiar with the lads heā€™ll be trying so it should be a short settling in period

3 Likes

Roman Shorthall?

Joe Brolly could be fast tracked

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be familiar with the law library but Iā€™m guessing there wouldnā€™t be too many Shinners knocking around

plenty of stinkers, not so many shinners

1 Like

Wasnā€™t the head of the Oireachtas golf society a Workerā€™s Party man?

Donie Cassidy and Noel Grealish are the top dogs in the Golf society

Donie is ex-officio but still holds the cards was the impression I got

Whatā€™s the state of play now Art? I havenā€™t got a chance to catch up on it. Is he toast?

Are you thinking of former Workers Party TD and current Circuit Judge, Pat McCartan who was also golfing and dining in Clifden?

Judge Pat seems to have been forgotten about such was the focus on hounding Big Phil and Woulfie out of office.

Thatā€™s the one. Proof that the proletariat are also welcome to golf with the elite