Phil Hogan - We'll miss him now he's gone

People have moved on. A few screaming Mary’s on twitter will be very vocal and hold it up as an example of one rule for them/another for us, but in reality this won’t resonate across the general population.

3 Likes

I’d imagine, if you looked into it, that no one anywhere has has been charged with anything to do with Covid breaches. As its at best constitutionally dubious and even at that most of them were guidelines rather than laws

Will the country ever recover from the incalculable loss of Big Phil’s influence in Europe?

2 Likes

The economy has gone from strength to strength in his absence.

A credit to all the “heavy lifting” he did

7 Likes

I’d imagine the only heavy thing he lifted out there was a silver fork.

10 Likes

The impact is highly intangible, impossible to quantity and yet highly significant.

4 Likes

An ill-judged waste of public money from the off. I’m reasonably confident that all sides repaired for a few scoops afterwards and ruminated where the next fatted calf would pop up. I mean these were high powered political movers and shakers, it wasn’t exactly the rerun of the equally ill-fated Arms Trial.

4 Likes

RTE shrieked for heads at the time and got them this while they were all posing for photos at some retirement party, the hypocrisy was off the charts. Big Phil was a colossus in European politics now we have the Ear to the Ground reporter🤦‍♂️

10 Likes

Bit like that Chinese lad said when asked about the impact of the French Revolution - “ its too early to say”

I’m glad for me oul pal Donie justice was served

3 Likes

The reality was that the tooled up metropolitan legal team was going to ride roughshod over the bog court

Wonder how much money was spend on this?
Say the lads working fir the accused weren’t cheap

I remember Matt cooper the cunt interrupted the news bulletin in the middle of the witch hunt to break the news that Phil hogan had been in Roscommon.

2 Likes

Not two fucks does anyone give. In fact I’d say the shenanigans of Boris are probably higher up the ladder in terms of interest.

2 Likes

Indeed. A true colossus. The IMF will be back here presently and the cunts will be sorry then.

1 Like

Didn’t save Big Phil’s hyde

5 Likes

Wasn’t that what ultimately brought Phil down though, not golfgate itself. Wasn’t there some restrictions as regards the distance one was allowed travel and it had to be essential?

It’ll take a long time.

1 Like

Wrong dragging the likes of Donie by the hair of the head to a charade like this…:wink:

4 Likes