Planning applications

Maybe he is using the windowless wall as a ball alley?

2 Likes

He must not have met a fior gael in the planning office

A hurling man.

This will be interesting if the gombeens donā€™t ruin it.

I see savage planning was taken in Clifden with houses being built beneath the water table of a river.

Where can you find planning legislation online for each county? All the rules and regulations. Who can build what and where?

On the county council websites

Canā€™t find the basic info, who can build what and where.

Thereā€™s usually a map and master plan. Time to hit up one of your local councillors

1 Like

Search for county development plan.

1 Like

Are you building or objecting to a building ?

Map on local authority website should show where is permissable and where isnā€™t.

If you own the land, you could swing it your way.

There will be a county development plan that covers 5 or 10 years. It will indicate what type of houses are consider appropriate for rural areas etc, but it means nothing really when it comes to planning. You can apply online for a pre planning report which will tell you what zone youā€™re in or how suitable the area is for development.

2 Likes

Yea, I think thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for. Only 275 pages to wade through. But itā€™s a start, thanks.

1 Like

To be honest, just looking, if I ever wanted to return to KK would myself or my children be allowed build on the farm. Not exactly doing a @flattythehurdler on it but seeing as Iā€™m a long time gone I realise Iā€™d be classed as a blow-in, but I just wanted to see the rules and regulations to put it to bed well at the back of my mind.

Are all the KK lads on here in exile? @Midshipman_Asha might know

@Piles_Hussain seems to have his ear to the ground down there alright.

If youā€™re parents are still alive you could make out that youā€™re moving back to take care of them. Youā€™d have no bother in that regard.

2k in a brown envelope

Indeed they are generally fairly detailed but a lot of it will be maps and pictures of examples etc