Planning applications

Every county has different rules. They usually have guidelines and standards and a rural house design guide, youd get this from the council site, or if you had an Architect they’d tell you what will be acceptable or not.

Pre planning would just confirm if the site you were looking at would be okay although it would need to satisfy rules and they’d guide you to what is acceptable.

They normally say; traditional at the front but do want you like at the back - the, do what you want is still inhibited by the design guide, and size but there is ways around it.

It’s a fuck up really.

Each county have stupid designs that some prick thinks looks great at the time. You might look at a house and say that’s what I like but it was built 15 years ago and the rules and designs changed cos some crack pot wanted to get back to nature or history and changes the designs.

As long as you’re road frontage and design ‘within’ the rules you’ll be grand.

1 Like

Except in co Galway, where it’s too small then too big then too plain then not plane enough
They are absolutely impossible to deal with.

2 Likes

I qualified as an accountant years ago. I know loads of better accountants than me that never got their finals.

There is a way of answering questions.

2 Likes

This was using a planning consultant.

I’ve heard more than once but I’m not convinced it’s true , but if you get a bit of land from the family, get a herd number, buy a few animals and tell them it’s your primary source of income.

Fucksake flatty I told you a year ago to use a brown envelope

I would drive over there and give a fcuking bagful if I could. Honestly.

What was said at the pre planning?

Someone is doing something wrong.

Pretty much the above.
I then told the planning engineer to say I’d build whatever they wanted wherever they wanted. “it doesn’t work like that”

I was flicking around the TV the other night and there was some show on with Sarah Beeney and she was trying to get planning to build a big fuck off house in the English countryside.

She had to submit the plans anyway and give a bit of a presentation on it to the local council in a public meeting. The council members then gave their comments on it and asked questions etc and the planning was decided by a vote

1 Like

Planning Engineer, Planning Consultant, Architect…?

Too many cooks…

And

1 Like

I don’t know what to do tbh

Once approved at that meeting then that’s it, planning is got and no appeal. Makes for some wonderful corruption.

1 Like

No and… Just thought it was interesting how different the process was… There would never be a planning application declined in this country if we had that system

In fairness, I wouldn’t let you build a monstrosity up in Tonabrocky either.

It’d blend right in

anyone ever make a submission to bord planeala?

theyre trying to push a monstrosity on the seafront here in DL and it will block the early morning sunlight in my east garden

NIMBY

1 Like

NIMFY actually

1 Like