Podders

The cancellers want Rogan so bad :rofl:

1 Like

When loyalists like yourself are deserting him he is fucked.

Rogan is the top target for cancellation. If they get him they can get anyone that’s their point. They don’t care if he’s right or wrong, they just see a successful white male, who is a meat-eating juice head that is a counter to the mains stream liberal media. Woke people see themselves as counter culture but they can’t see the irony in their ideology. JP referred to it with Rogan as cultural Marxism using critical race theory. Shout the narrative is racist until you control it.

Rogan falls, they win or at least that’s what they believe. Jimmy Carr is under attack now

6 Likes

It’s hilarious that you believe the same rules don’t apply in reverse.
It’s dog eat dog, both sides are as ridiculously dumb as each other.

You actually think the right wouldn’t make a song and dance of some lefty hero had been liberally using the n word or engaging in clear racist speak a few years back, come off it now

1 Like

Think we need to talk about ‘cancel culture.’ It does not exist. It’s a construct created by those who know they are saying and doing unacceptable things to try and avoid the consequences of their actions

We went through a spell where people - even if they thought it - realised they could not articulate their racist and sexist views in public. That time has passed. The phrase ‘cancel culture’ tells you this

So Jimmy Carr does a joke about killing gypsies in the Holocaust being a ‘positive.’ If you complain, you are a ‘snowflake,’ and get told it’s only comedy, just don’t watch Carr. Except it’s not that simple

Can it ever be acceptable to say an entire section of society should be the target of industrialised murder? And Carr knows, as well as you and I, ‘gypsies’ are a group that are disliked by many people, often for irrational reasons

A couple of people today have said to me, ‘I’m no fan of gypsies, but…’ Travelling people are the easiest of targets. Hell, if they get upset and boycott you, it’s not much of a loss

Lots of people have their ‘gypsy story’ but the roots of the antipathy towards travelling people run way deeper, like the roots of anti-semitism. Folklore had it that gypsies stole children. Not too far from the blood libel, eh? Join the Holocaust dots

I personally don’t think this sort of shit, which is deeply ingrained in western European culture, is the stuff of comedy. It’s a bit like the cartoons in Nazi newspapers lampooning Jews. The purpose was to reinforce hatred even more than getting a laugh at their expense

But Carr is comedy royalty. Being ‘cancelled’ for him is merely another career opportunity, a chance to bring a new audience along. Like Gervais claiming he wants to get cancelled. It’s bollocks. It’s a dog whistle to a certain type of bigot

You know who does get cancelled? The poor, minorities, the lowest level of society. They never get a voice in the first place. We never stop hearing from the likes of Fox and Rowling. Cancelled? Yeah, right. It actually amplifies the reach of those who complain most about it

You know what’s right and wrong. Don’t pretend you don’t. If you choose wrong, own it. Don’t hide behind phrases like ‘cancel culture.’ It only exists for people without power. For those at the top, it’s another career opportunity

So let’s all laugh and be grateful it’s not us on the receiving end

I was thinking that about cancel culture myself. Who has actually been cancelled?

It used to be claimed that Rogan wasn’t right wing. If that were so, his defenders wouldn’t be shouting about “those leftist cucks” and “cultural Marxism” (an anti-Semitic term).

Every defence of Rogan is the most cliched right wing nonsense going, the same Trumpist shite we’ve heard a million times before which has always been wrong and always will be wrong.

The veil has well and truly fallen.

Captain Boycott was cancelled by Michael Davitt and the peasants of Mayo, and we all remember that as the historical outrage it was.

South African oranges were cancelled by those elitist Dunnes Stores workers, and we all remember that as the historical outrage it was.

Russian human rights groups and basically anybody who tries to shine any sort of light on the criminal mafia state there are cancelled, but I don’t hear anybody who prattles on about CANCEL CULTURE™ calling that out as such.

No but I mean in more modern times. People who said things. Always seems to be about to happen but have many been actually cancelled?

You better ask those who actually believe their nonsense.

JK Rowling, Ellen DeGeneres, Eoghan McDermott and Al Porter here in Ireland,
I’m sure there’s loads more but it’s funny that the right think it’s only them being victimised, it’s sad but a fact of life now for everybody

How have JK Rowling and Ellen De Generes been “cancelled”?

Maybe I do t fully understand what it is to be cancelled,
Ellen’s show was literally cancelled, Rowling wasn’t invited to any of the Potter reunion stuff I think??

Al porter and mcdermott was because they were accused of and more likely committed sexual assault. Im talking about people who said things.

What did McDermott do anyway? Are we allowed talk about it?
Something to do with an underage girl??

If Ellen De Generes is a victim of so called CANCEL CULTURE™, then surely Brian Moore is, or Paul McLoone, or Clive Tyldesley?

JK Rowling is a billionaire with a massive platform who a lot of people have rightly seen through as a preacher of bigotry against trans people, who are some of the marginalised people in society? Who are the victims here?

Anybody who engages their brain for more than a second can see that so called CANCEL CULTURE™ is a right wing culture war buzzphrase designed to allow bigots with powerful platforms to preach bigotry unchallenged. But there is no such right - and to hold that there is a fundamentally anti-human rights worldview.

Meanwhile the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones are silent as people without power are actually cancelled, and things which promote any sort of worldview which challenges the mindless CANCEL CULTURE™ ideology are cancelled.

I’ve listed a good few in this thread, to complete radio silence from the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones.

As far as I can see, sexual assault absolutely falls under the CANCEL CULTURE™ bandwagon - but only if the person who has committed or is suspected of committing sexual assault is perceived by the bandwagoners to be in some way allied to them. Therefore it is apparently an outrage that Donald Trump should face a backlash and the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones rally around him in cult like fashion, because he’s saying hateful shit they like hearing.

But if the person at the centre of allegations can be perceived as an enemy of the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones, ie. Porter and McDermott, then the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones will be at the forefront of attempts to cancel them.

Same with racism. If it’s a “good” racist, like Joe Rogan, defend them. If it’s a “bad” racist, ie. say, Linda Scooby Doo Hayden (who, let’s be clear, absolutely deserved to be held accountable) they furiously demand cancellation.

The thing is CANCEL CULTURE™ drones don’t actually care about any issues, they only care about cancelling people and things which are inconvenient to them. They are the biggest cancellers around. But it doesn’t have to make sense, because right wing propaganda is always designed to be shameless, transparent bullshit. It shares a hell of a lot with Russian state propaganda in this regard.

I think everyone on all sides should be allowed express their opinions and back it up with evidence. Humans are imperfect and make mistakes but to hold people to account for stuff in the past that is now by todays standards is unacceptable.

That’s fair enough but your post was an attack on Liberals and what you called ‘woke agenda’
Like it doesn’t go both ways,