Podders

Do you really think that Carr honestly believes the statements he made literally? Of course not the context of his comedy is to shock people. What makes it funny is its a sacred cow subject, he said something so outrageous and shocking as any normal person would agree is unacceptable but the delivery and timing makes it funny. He wouldn’t say it if he wasn’t going to get the laughs, people wouldn’t laugh if he approaches a taboo subject literally

It does go both ways, both sides of the extreme don’t see that though. My point is more so irony of the woke liberals using this as a tool now whereas we saw what the opposite side did with censorship 100 years ago, without going to the very extreme example but a decent comparison would be McCarthyism in the 50s and attacks on John Lennon, who’s contemporaries are now applying the same tactics

If you don’t agree with a view, or don’t like a person, idea or medium you should either challenge with evidence to discredit or ignore it as it doesn’t effect you. Piling on to silence and cancel people is not an answer.

I listened to the Marcus Luttrell podcast again this morning on my run, Joe nailed these cancel culture assholes perfectly, they are bullies with too much time on their hands basically

1 Like

I think cheasty is correct though the more left wing or liberal you are the more likely you are to be cancelled. Which is the opposite to what you’d imagine given the prevailing talk around it. I believe the word is counter-intuitive. I would have thought before that people are being ‘cancelled’ the whole time but when it was pointed out to me there are very very few who have been.

George Hook, Eoghan Harris, the list is endless, the woke wankers can’t stand free speech, its actually frightening the grip MSM and big Tech have on people

I suppose hook is a good example in fairness but he was probably on the way out anyway due to age. What was Harris cancelled for ?

I can’t remember, I can’t stand those two pricks but they have a right to be heard

1 Like

These lefty headbangers want to shut up anything they don’t agree with. It’s all repressed rage with these so call do gooders.

People think they have some right not to be offended.

They don’t.

1 Like

Big Phil Hogan got cancelled over that covid bullshit, they were queuing up to get him, the likes of that wanker Matt Cooper frothing at the mouth, what was the result, Ireland lost its place at the top table in Europe, well done cunts

6 Likes

I see you point, I think the whole thing is wrong. Whoopie Goldberg was on the end of this week wheres I agree what she sad is wrong but she should apologise for her remarks and acknowledge she was wrong but it’ll always be held against her now

As Joe said, there’s no forgiveness in todays world

1 Like

I’d like to see the reaction here if an English comedian had said that Bloody Sunday had positives in that a load of Northern Irish Catholics were murdered.

It’s the exact same “joke” as Carr made.

Or indeed if Carr had said that Jews being systematically slaughtered was a “positive”.

Kicking down isn’t funny. Right wingers have always believed kicking down is funny, which is why they have always been so shit at comedy.

Travellers are not a “sacred cow”. They are one of the most marginalised groups in society and consistently the target of generalised campaigns of racist discrimination and hate speech.

1 Like

You’re the same thicko that was howling for me to be banned because you were offended by me.

You’re also the same lad that signed up here because you genuinely thought there was a sex video of Zebo and Murray having a threesome on the site.

here, hang on now. You have said some really shitty things in the name of “comedy”. To be then on your high horse about someone elses comedy is bollix. I dont particularly think Carrs joke was funny. I can see it is a joke, jokes are subjective. I didnt think your joke with Johnny Glynn was funny either and although there was a pile on you for that, I didnt partake in that.

3 Likes

George Hook blamed a rape victim for her own rape. George Hook claimed that a married man had a right to his wife’s body for sexual gratification purposes at any time of his choosing. Which is what Mason Greenwood believed.

George Hook was not sacked from Newstalk.

Dil Wickremasinghe was the only person to lose their job as a result of the whole thing.

And then Newstalk cancelled any contributors from the Irish Times because Fintan O’Toole wrote an article which was critical of Newstalk management’s handling of the Hook issue.

None of the CANCEL CULTURE™ drones had any issue with Wickremasinghe losing her job, or with contributors who worked for the Irish Times being blacklisted by Newstalk.

The same people who believed they had a right not to be offended by my jokes or comments (some of them shit and ill judged) and wanted me banned from here as a result are the same people who celebrate that there is a high profile comedian celebrating the slaughter of one of the still most marginalised groups in society in the actual Holocaust.

This lad went to Australia to rape his ex and bragged about it here You couldn’t make it up.

Just quoting this for posterity about what is apparently acceptable around here.

1 Like

Good point, is that the gist of what Carr said about Roma