Podders

Acceptable bantz

1 Like

It was the joke. That Roma being slaughtered was a good thing.

Carr wouldn’t have dared make the same joke about a people who can speak back for themselves, ie. Irish Catholics, Jews, blacks.

He did it because he knows Roma/Gypsies/Travellers have essentially no lobby or platform from which to speak back.

Yeah, it is. Because who is the target of the joke?

Think carefully now.

Acceptable bantz

1 Like

No it wasn’t, but @TheUlteriorMotive thinks it is.

He says there is no right not to be offended.

And thus that such a comment is acceptable.

Let the middle aged right wing curmudgeons be honest about what they think is “acceptable bantz”.

Under their definition, that comment you quoted squarely falls within the acceptable bantz definition.

More bantz

Are you in favour of so called cancel culture or not?

Stone is done man for constantly running out for a piss.

Any sign of that video by the way?

1 Like

Marcus Luttrell drank a bottle of whiskey in 2 hours and didn’t even go for a piss

Was listening to some of Joe and Dr Robert Epstein

You’d want you’re head examined using Google

4 Likes

You’d want your head examined to be on the Internet these days

3 Likes

@cheasty doesn’t seem to know if he wants this podder cancelled or not. He’s all over the place.

1 Like

No one has a right to not be offended

I’m still tipping slowly through Rogan and Peterson.
It would be amazing to sit down with a few cans and a few lads from TFK, pausing and breaking it down/arguing.

Not so much highlights in todays segment, JPs description of a wild night out he had in Manhattan with Douglas Murray (the funniest guy he knows) was unintentionally hilarious, JP really is a very dweeby character on the evidence of the podder.

It’s the most important podcast ever.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the joke, Roma/Travellers are entitled to be offended by that.
Would he say it about other disenfranchised groups??

He has said much worse.

That’s the appeal to people that go to him tho, they go to be offended or enjoy humour that’s dark or on the edge. It’s theatre.

That’s not to say it’s not in bad taste or wrong.

What could he have said that was worse than that? That’s really low.

But I’m not offended or anything, he’s a comedian, I get that he doesn’t speak literally on stage, but you wouldn’t deny somebody in that community the right to want to rip his head off

Again, let’s consider what the reaction would be if the target of Carr’s joke had been, oh, let’s say, Jews.

If Carr had said that the Holocaust had had some positives because it had been Jews that had been slaughtered.

Maybe as the self appointed forum policer of anti-Semitism (except when the anti-Semitism aligns with his politics), @Tierneevin1979 can answer this question.

@Tierneevin1979 is also the spiritual leader of the anti-“CANCEL CULTURE™” set here.

So I’d be interested to see what his answer would be.