Podders

Wollie, ever the gentleman gave Joanne an easy enough interview

Anyone listen to Keith Tracey on Undr the Cosh. Some mental stories. Complete head banger.

Haven’t listened to it yet but sounds like Joanne has played the longer game here.

Gave Woolie an hour of her time and fluttered the eyelashes, that will be him muzzled for the Summer now when it comes to discussion on the quality of the Sunday Game analysis.

2 Likes

Wolly Playing the long game……panellist gig next year

3 Likes

Ah mate, think outside the box. That was an interview alright, just not the one you were seeing.

Woolie is too big for the Sunday Game.

Woolie never achieved anything in the game, wouldn’t that hold him back as much as his being an absolute dickhead??

:popcorn: .

Truthfully, you may be right. I doubt he’d allow his show be compromised by footing the company line. Perhaps however, a midweek show for RTÉ could be the way to go. The one he had on Setanta showed great promise.

1 Like

Ah to be fair an all ireland minor and Leinster senior is a fair achievement.

Pretty sure he played for ireland in international Rules as well

1 Like

Jesus, don’t get me wrong, I’m not comparing him to a club player
But the Sunday Game analysts tend to have lots more than that don’t they, a few all Ireland medals or at least a couple of all stars, am I right, I dunno. I’m sure somebody will contradict me?
His international rules experience wasn’t much to write home about, it’s moot anyway, RTÉ wouldn’t go near him

1 Like

I was not being serious. I do enjoy his podcast though, and it certainly provides better analysis than the Sunday Game.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting one because often the more insightful pundits aren’t necessarily the most trophy laden ones. I suppose the likes of Kevin McStay or Ciaran Whelan wouldn’t have All-Ireland medals so that in itself wouldn’t be a barrier to him having won a Minor AI in 96’ and a Leinster in 2003. As you say he wouldn’t be very likely to acquire a job with RTE but I’d find his analysis more interesting than the nicey nice stuff that Gooch produces.

1 Like

Woolie is an idiot.

A trashy, tabloid ‘journalist’.

2 Likes

Your just too mean to pay the €5.

Wooly is the truth.

He’s effectively a yellowpack version of Ewan and his panelists are ‘C’ Grade.

Tis worth it alone for two episodes of Damian Hayes a month.

3 Likes

Cian Ward is one of the better analysts on the big ball game and good value on Woolies podcast

1 Like

Anyone ever hear of the stiffs podcast? Heard a clip on talksport earlier featuring Joe Hart. He was describing how he went to the Tottenham manager asking where he stood when santo took over.

Nuno just said to him, you want it straight? Joe says yes of course.
Basically Nuno says over my dead body you’ll play a minute for me. You’ve been finished for years

1 Like