Podders

I think that’s his second time on it. He has some connection with Sadlier I think

He probably the one who injured him at Millwall

Thats a fair exclusive for them.

Vaguely recall an article sadlier wrote about how he played with dyche somewhere. Said he was a leader they all admired, put his head where you wouldn’t put your boot etc.

1 Like

He has a kind of non-nerd, protein drinking version of Stephen Donnelly

Try it in the lookalikes thread in 2 weeks…

1 Like

Cody v Shefflin is soap opera gold.

The GAA media needs to milk this one for all it’s worth and if they don’t they should be shot with balls of their own shite.

Ken Early or his non-union rural equivalent needs to be brought in to do 40 minute psychological analyses of it all with extra literary references, all delivered in the sort of smirking, mocking, condescending tone beloved of oul’ wans outside mass.

This is what people want. They want chaos, absurdity, arguments, soap opera and spectacle.

Instead we get RTE doing a 10 second slow motion clip of that handshake in the round robin game pretending to hype it all up followed by the complete shutting down of anything interesting in favour of “they’re two great hurling men and nobody likes to see bad feeling between them.”

Yes we fucking do.

I know I’m late to it, but SmartLess is class. Very funny. Took me a bit to get over the fawning but the slagging the lads give each other is unrale.

1 Like

Any sports podcasts to recommend ? Can be old ones. Just something to pass a few hours.

Undr the Cosh

1 Like

4 Likes

The Saint & Verney show takes over Birr.

This could be make or break for Saint.

He’s really jumping on the Offaly minor bandwagon despite spending most midweek nights commenting on the champions league rather than watching the actual competition.

1 Like

Be packed id imagine. Big buzz in Offaly at the moment.

McDevitt and Early being seriously mugged off here on the same wage as the rest

1 Like

Hick and Horgan probably earn their money for their production work. Not sure if Murph does much more than act as sideshow to McDevitt and Early.

Ken is on the money about the GAA shooting itself in the legs by ending the inter-county season on the second last Sunday in July. He’s playing an agent provocateur role against Ciaran Murphy but he’s right, and you can tell Murphy knows he’s right, and he has wound Murphy rightly up over it. Murphy has become a Dick Clerkin style company man for the GAA’s fixture schedulers and the club lobby and continues to utter banalities in defence of them.

Hi Ken.

2 Likes

Definitely but I’d imagine both earn more from their side gigs also than the others

In fairness to the second captains cunts they have it made. Earning very decent money for talking shite about sport with their mates and doing it on their own terms whenever and about whatever subject they like. Most fellas on tfk probably spend a similar amount of time per week thinking about and talking/writing about sport and also have to do a day job.

8 Likes

Precisely why they are so unpopular on TFK. Begrudgery. They have done a fine job for themselves.

2 Likes