Podders

Hadn’t listened to any of these before now but stuck on the Daniel Flynn episode earlier. It was very good. I think I’ll have a listen to a few more of them.

They are very good. RTE could do a lot worse than go after Niblock and get him to anchor the Sunday Game.

2 Likes

Leen loves the sound of his own voice
He’s mastered the ever ending question

He’s a great Lead-Commentator too.

Himself and Oisin have a great rapport.

Leen is hard to warm to. Sheehan plays the cute Kerry analyst down to a tee also. Really enjoy Rouse and Oisin though.

1 Like

He’s better than Sidey but miles behind the great Jimmy Smyth.

I don’t think he has that big game voice.

Rouse is excellent. So much knowledge and lovely bit of pup to him. But he doesnt meander and get outside the remit too much. Proper football talk

1 Like

I think he does.

Was it Sidey that McGeeney went through for a shortcut on Sunday after the game? :grinning:

Gaelic football is a lot more interesting sport for analysis than hurling. Lot of good gaelic football stuff out there now

I am enjoying Niall Rigney attitude to hurling analysis on Woolies podcast. Not two fucks are given.

3 Likes

Niblock must be a very nice fella because he asks a lot of questions that I’d say lads would find very annoying coming from somebody else. It works in fairness

Twas indeedy.

Niblock is too whispery to make a great GAA commentator. He might be well suited to the Crucible however. And that whispery tone is definitely well suited to being a Dr. Melfi style podcast host who encourages guests to empty the troubles of their world onto the aiirwaves.

Henry Shefflin is like the private detective Homer (Galway) hires to get rid of Sideshow Bob (Limerick) from town. Makes big promises but the reality of his challenge is pathetic.

Kilkenny will be like the sugar thief. Clare (Homer) have their hopes pinned on getting revenge on Limerick (Homer’s sugar pile). The sugar thief (Kilkenny) nick it while Clare let their guard down for that split second, and they’d do it again. The sugar pile melts away.

That Niblock and Duignan podcast is absolutely top class. Niblock is excellent never listened to him before

Enjoyable listen. A few good stories. Great to hear Cyril again.
Bugler & Power were good too.

5 Likes

Chris is a grand kid…but an ambitious fucker. He’s networking like fuck. Future gaa president.

1 Like

That’s brilliant

Cyril is a national treasure

3 Likes

He’s brilliant in that.

1 Like

Thats the GAA at its best right there. I thought nouveau riche Carey might make a fuck of things but in fairness he knew his place and took a back seat

Carey was kind of awe struck in fairness.