Podders

Wrestled with a broken neck instead of getting surgery because a neighbour who had down-syndrome told him he was looking forward to seeing him wrestle

4 Likes

You’d have to say that wasn’t the best decision

1 Like

Ric flair what a fucking legend. We all wish to be like him at his age, none of us will.

3 Likes

Won Olympic gold in real wrestling with a broken neck too. Serious athlete

I watched his movie recently it’s called ‘Angle’ and it was superb - was basically just a very long documentary of his life with him and family/friends/colleagues/competitors interjecting at relevant parts of the story. I don’t know how he kept getting into the ring with Brock Lesnar he kept breaking him up.

I’d say Shane is the sort of lad who never misses the lunchtime episode of Home and Away

He’s made a few poor ones.

He’s a walking (somehow) embodiment of what the pharma companies have done to the US in particular.

1 Like

New season of case 63 is out

1 Like

I think podcasts are generally complete shite, but I’m a Louis Theroux fan as well as a Nick Cave fan. Many topics covered, including grief, addiction and chaos. A good listen.

1 Like
2 Likes

Woolys podcast is the best podcast in the GAA by a country mile and great value at €5 per month.

Great interview with Pat Critchley on Tuesday, Cheddar and Christy o Connor excellent every Monday & Thursday.

2 Likes

Largely agree, shame he is a bit of a cunt.

Does Christy still be on a Monday and Thursday?

I subscribed for two months last Winter but pulled it immediately when i heard Brendan Devenny discussing Donegal Football after the first round of the League.

Christy on a Monday and cheddar on a Thursday.

Colm is the voice of the club game. He gets it having seen all sides. He even chose to taste the mercenary life just to know so he could better analyse all facets of where the club game was going. He sullied his soul to make us understand more the likes of a Crokes*

1 Like

Or maybe he just did it for the cash.

Perhaps, its certainly a possibility he got money out of it, but ask yourself this, who is worse, the club propositioning players, or the players for taking advantage of the club to teach them a lesson?

We lose a little every day if we dont learn as we play.

Christy Is exceptional his knowledge is unreal, I find it hard to listen to cheddar… I wouldn’t be wollies biggest fan but I do think his podcast is the best of the lot. 2 years on the go with no dips good guests every week for the shorter drives

1 Like

How do you think the good people of Portlaoise gaa felt when Woollie left them in the lurch to go up to Dublin to teach Parnells a lesson?

It was like Thurles when Billy McCarthy got injured.