Podders

I toyed with the idea of trying to start a gaa podcast similar to the club scene in rugby.

It would be great if you had somebody actually visiting a club for a day and documenting the various characters involved. Showcasing the facilities and highlighting the difficulties going forward.

A fella like Parkinson should be running a competition to sponsor a club or something for a season for all the money he’s coining in.

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea. Id say youd find a character or two in every club who’d carry the episode. Clubs would be mad for it…

GAA Club ‘characters’

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

3 Likes

The rugby version is very good. All clubs have a few interesting stories too going back and if they aren’t documented they’ll be lost soon.

You’d actually get a grant for that

Maybe not in laos so. Thanks for the heads up

If you set it up I’ll be the first to subscribe and give you a few bob.

I’ll never listen to it but I wont see you stuck

Could you not just throw me the few bob?

I wouldn’t insult you like that

Educating myself while I tidy the garden

Listened to a few of these - You’re Dead to me. Recommended.

Anyone with a subscription to second captains care to say how much it costs and what type of content do they typically do? Is it rugby heavy? A lot of soccer obviously, what’s the GAA side of it like? I must say I’ve been listening to their free to air Monday stuff last few weeks and am enjoying them.

Fiver a month. Rugby heavy at the moment but not usually too bad. GAA basically takes a complete backseat after the intercounty season bar Murph throwing in a few lines here and there. Soccer is the main thing and you’ll enioy it if you like Ken Early rambling but probably won’t if not

1 Like

New podcast from Richie Sadlier called ‘Episode’. First guest is Tommy Tiernan. Very good 35 minutes or so. Tieran can be interesting when you let hoim off about serious stuff. Didn’t know his mother killed herself.

They don’t really cover the URC much so usually just rugby heavy during the 6 Nations or World Cup. Obviously a good bit of soccer. They don’t really cover club GAA much. Just intercounty when it’s on.

Their inter county stuff is weak enough bar Oisin mcconville who’s on less and less now.

Jamie wall and mal clerkin aren’t great.

Would agree with that.
The hurling coverage is weak enough

2 Likes

Nope it’s poor enough but in fairness it’s tricky for them as they started out really as a football podcast and now the bulk of the hurling is on in the middle of the football season.

I find some of their random politics shows very interesting.

2 Likes

You never did like Jamie.

Jamie was grand initially but was really poor this year. Their Gaelic football content is decent enough but hurling is really weak