Podders

I actually thought it was more than that. A poor enough return, all things considered. His opposition were a bunch of grammar schools who trained one evening a week…if even.

I’m still listening to it for free so I am not included in listnership.

This is mad aul shit

https://www.rte.ie/radio/podcasts/series/40016-runaway-joe/

Runaway Joe

7 EPISODES

An investigation into one of the oldest unsolved cases on the FBI’s books spanning six decades. Joseph Maloney remains wanted on a charge of first-degree murder having escaped justice in both the United States of America - and Ireland.

Even though I’m not a fan of either Cooper or Yates on their own on radio/tv, I find their podcast very good. A great dynamic who often take polarising views with respect to each other.

A bit like TRIP with Campbell and Stuart. They started off like that but are a bit too pallsy now.

6 Likes

Agree a good listen. They work well as a duo

2 Likes

I’ve no time for Matt Cooper at all. Yates at least owns his cuntishness. Its not a bad listen though to be fair.

1 Like

I’ve listened to two episodes, it’s quite refreshing to hear topics debated by hosts with differing opinions etc, done with respect and humour.
The contrast with poor old Dion Fanning who is patronised and shouted down whenever he expresses an opinion is stark

I like Yates, he’s a superb wum, I’d say you’d enjoy three or four pints on his company immensely

5 Likes

Essential listening for the townies on here

https://twitter.com/PortlaoiseGAA/status/1765130192840737067

2 Likes

Will he tell the one about the time he fucked off to Parnells for the handy few quid?

8 Likes

He always tells that one. Was it meant to be a secret? Portlaoise loves Woolie and Woolies loves his town.

The nichest of niche. Fair play to him though he’s hardly getting paid and will be a bit of craic for portlaoise people

They’ll love it, not sure what legs it will have a few years but they’re doing some work there the past year or two now. Woolie led them in the Patrick’s Parade last year, he’ll have them back on top and winning All Ireland again in no time

Tis only madder this has gotten as its gone on. I can see a movie of this some day soon. I’d be stunned if someone hasnt gotten it already. Incredible.

For some light relief I do like “The rest is entertainment” with Richard Osman and Marina Hyde

What’s that about

1 Like

Someone give me an interesting 90 minute podder to listen to on a run in the morning. A one off episode that will make me an expert on something.

It’s only 45 minutes, but its so blindingly bloody good that you’ll listen to it twice

1 Like

That was a good listen

1 Like

The Rest is History appear to be doing a series on the Titanic this week

3 Likes

No spoilers please

4 Likes