Podders

I’ve only recently gotten into TRIH. Fantastic Podder.

2 Likes

Only on episode one mate. No idea how it’ll end up

I have a suspicion will be down rather than up, but I may have said too much

The Rest is History is possibly the greatest podder ever, dare I say it, even better than the JRE, The specials during the last world cup was unreal when they focused on a specific bit of history about competing countries, the way they bring it to life is captivating, the tone is just right between banter and fact, the American revolution one where they tried to recreate what accent a new englander spoke in, outstanding! It reminds me of Mr Ashe in Flannans, his teaching style. I used to think I was fighting in Gallipoli the way he described it

10 Likes

Thats a fine tribute to the master

1 Like

Dalo grunting away here “I tink, i tink”, Landers interrupting all the time. A tough listen at times.

1 Like

Landers yawning into the mike on 1:09 :joy:

The forum wouldn’t listen to Thomas Brady on the dangers of NGO’s or the increasing militarisation of the EU… But they adopted the word ‘podder’ en masse

:person_shrugging:t2:

@gilgamboa

2 Likes

What’s this now?

That’s why I’m a thought leader and Tommy the Mouse left the forum in shame

I started using podder in my watsapp chat groups and in the office without a hint of irony after the great Tom Brady coined it and all I hear is, did you catch the Xy podder on widgets yesterday? Some trendsetter that guy

1 Like

Eh… Podder was a Tommy the mouse phrase that you stole

this changes everything GIF by The Next Step

At least we can’t hear the farts

I’ve listened to thousands of hours of podcasts in my time but I very much doubt I’ve listened to anything quite as poor and ill informed as that.

3 Likes

Two right wing mentellers joining up

1 Like

Which are the best ones? I just listened to the titanic ones.

It depends on what floats your boat history wise. I’ve no real interest on ancient Rome or medieval
Kings of England so have bypassed those.

However more recent ones about the Aztecs, the rise of the Nazis before WW2, Captain Cook and the JFK assassination were excellent I felt. Also enjoyed the ones about the rise and fall of facism in England in the 30s.

4 Likes

JFK.

1 Like