Podders

The rise of the Nazis ones are good.

This is excellent.

A famous author reads their fav New Yorker story and talks about it

3 Likes

Forgot that they had Paul Rouse on for a few episodes about the build up to the 1916 rising. Absolutely brilliant.

5 Likes

It was crazy. I like Parkinson and maybe an episode about Dublin hurling deserved merit. However the decision to get some Kildare football lad living in Brazil for the last 10 years to be your informed analyst made no sense whatsoever. I was reminded by Donal Ogs “Sleeping habits of the Ayatollah” quote.

8 Likes

Mental call to be fair to him, would someone like a Hedgo Senior or even Niall Corcoran be a far far better call to discuss the actual issues on the ground which is other sports/dual clubs and the fact young lads in hurling counties don’t have as many other distractions.

Saying that, I watched their first half v Galway and they look much better with Burke and Crummey back.

1 Like

How many Dublin footballers would make their hurling team?

Hedgo or Keaney would be good straight shooters for an interview like that. Heard Niall Corcoran before on something similar and really called out everyone for not being like Crokes where he is the hurling GDO. They run things well there but even have huge advantages over every other hurling club in Dublin. Don’t think his finger is on the pulse as a county. That being said I’d fancy them to win an AI club in the next 5/6 years.

Costello, Gannon, Con without a shadow of a doubt.

Saw Kilkenny hurl 18 months ago and didn’t stand out any more regards his hurling. He was outrageous as a 15/16 year old.

Conor McHugh who was on the Dublin panel for 7/8 years has probably been the best defender in the club championship over the past two years. No idea why he hasn’t been called up.

1 Like

Long time since shane Ryan and Colin Keaney packed in football to go hurling

Think that was at the end of 2010.

Is there a podcast equivalent of Archive.ph to get behind a paywall?

I’m the wrong man to be asking

1 Like

Do you pay for anything?

2 Likes

You’d want your head examined to be paying for OTB or Wooly. Sure most posters on here would be more knowledgeable than John Duggan or Ger Gilroy.

3 Likes

Aside from the dual players mentioned above there are a large number of good players that are not available to micheal Donoghue for a variety of reasons. Most of the reasons are nothing to do with Micheal but when you add these players to the dual players you can get an idea why Dublin are struggling.

Rian Mcbride
Andy Dunphy
Shane Barrett
Paul o Dea
Eoghan Conroy
Cian O Callaghan
Cian Boland
Cian Hendricken
Davy Crowe
Oisin O Rourke
Chris Bennett
Aj Murphy
Kevin Burke

1 Like

You need everyone. I’d say there’s there’s maybe one lad not available to John kiely who he’d want. Same at club level.

1 Like

You could add a few more

Darach McBride
Eoghan Dunne
Colm Cronin
David Tracey
Chris O Leary…I know
Darragh O Connell
Donncha Ryan
Aidan Mellet

There were lads on the bench the other day who would not be guaranteed a starting place on the 2/3 top club senior teams in the county.

Yeah. I’d say David Treacy and Darragh o Connell are finished but agree with the rest.

1 Like

Who’s that?

Pay Me GIF

That’s over 20 players when you include the footballers. This is where the issue is and Ewan scuttering on about fuck all.