Podders

I’m enjoying the Britain in 1974 one at the moment as my first one.

1 Like

He made some fool of me as a spotty faced youngster. That said I was at least two stone over weight so he had some obvious advantages.

1 Like

Underage was only taken seriously there from the mid 90s. An uncle of John Devane’s drove it along with a Galway man and the late great MJ Ryan with one or two others. As you said they’ve got their house in order. They’d a bit of an issue transitioning between the old club stalwarts and “newer” members integrating and being on the top table if I remember rightly. They seem to have the right people involved now.

1 Like

Moving back down to Cork.

Too modern… Not really sure that’s history. Current affairs or journalism maybe

1974 is 50 years ago. When we were kids that was WW2, I don’t remember anyone in the 90s saying that wasn’t history.
Ive no interest in the old stuff. Famine is as far back as id go.

I used to have a great lecturer who maintained anything after the 16th century is journalism and not history … I certainly wouldn’t be calling anything that happened 5 years before i was born as history :joy:

1 Like

You are very old though. I think my 90s/world war 2 point was game set and match I’m afraid. I was happy with that one

1 Like

You’re not a fan of history… It’s ok to say it.

1 Like

Rouse and co’s history of Gaelic Football pod is very enjoyable.

Gaelic football is in a perpetual state of crisis and auld lads are always whining about the state of the modern game seems to be the take away

5 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

Pity it’s fucked for real now

A history of Gaelic football :rofl:

Fuck me - is there any paint drying i could listen to instead…

3 Likes
6 Likes

Would the paint drying crowd from the 60s think modern paint drying is gone to fuck I wonder

2 Likes

Too much hand painting

The removal of lead from paint at the behest of woke snowflakes would irk them.

He wouldn’t be anywhere near the Cork panel ffs.

Ye could do with a mullocker like him.

We have a load of mullockers like O’Leary. He is nowhere near an inter-county hurler.

Nearly finished this now and don’t want it to end which is always a good sign.

Listened to a few pods in the car the last few days. Fucking Landers yawning his way through the hurling pod is ridiculous. Would the cunt not yawn away from the mic :joy:

The level of analysis in the hurling pod is septic. The football pod is so much better

1 Like