Podders

:smiley::smiley:

It’s excellent.

Gaelic football is one of the worst sports in the world. It’s soccer and rubby with hurling rules… cricket is more exciting …

The lads on this podder must be divine if they’re making this podcast worth listening to.

2 Likes

pure ignorance

I don’t listen to the hurling pod anymore. Tis beyond useless.

The football is excellent. Contributors (with the exception of Leen) who are at the cutting edge.

The history of football series was excellent. My only criticism was that it was too short. A hurling one would be great but not with the hurling pod crew

1 Like

Epic

3 Likes

I didn’t really know much about it bar the film.

That story about the kid getting the long pants getting on the ship was sick.

So much bad luck involved too.

Runaway Joe has been a real let down , an hour would have been more than enough

Agreed. Woeful shite

The rest is history was making 70k a month in subscriptions last year - some going

3 Likes

From my experience, the Hundred Years Wars/Richard II stuff was excellent, and I also enjoyed the Alexander The Great ones trying to explain why he Alexander kept attacking further into Central Asia.

1 Like

I listened to the Pearl Harbour ones last week and they were class. The narrators ate a bit up their own holes.

1 Like

You summed up every podcast contributor who ever lived.

2 Likes

They’re there to tell a story. No one cares who they are. Bit different than opinion or personality podcasts.

The medieval ones are easily the best. You’ve lads then going on about current affairs like 70s England , Pearl Harbour and JFK :person_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You need a bit of personality to distinguish the podcasters from the rest.

In saying that, one lad is always going on about the importance of christianity and the other lad is unironically going on about wokeness, all of which is a bit grating.

I’m listening to the series on the Aztecs right now and for whatever reason they are letting Cortes off the hook and trying to blame his (native) translator/wife instead.

They have a very colonial tan outlook

2 Likes

The rock of Cloyne just left my gaff,
Pity we didn’t have 10 or 12 of his calibre on the Cork team ATM, might feckin win something,what a player

1 Like
1 Like

Sandbrook is a pain in the hole

1 Like