Podders

I think you need to go on a mad long hike, maybe 20k, ideally with weight on your back, on a savage warm day, to really get it

1 Like

Like Abraham, you need to remove yourself from materialistic satiety.

1 Like

This was the greatest few hours I’ve ever put down. Two giants of men.

3 Likes

I’m going to the gym shortly. I’m expecting a PR with all the inspiration I’ll get listening.

I’d definitely consider enrolling in JP’s university, if i didn’t already possess a string of third level qualifications

I’ve listened to first 30 mins

Lovely story at the start as to why JP always wears a suit

His Father was a teacher, always wore a suit when teaching
JP asked him why he always wore a suit when teaching
His Father said it was to show respect to his pupils

2 Likes

Proper teachers wear suits. None of this trying to be hip and cool in jeans or tracksuits

1 Like

Strange take 🫨
I’ve spent most of my life in schools and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a class teacher wear a suit, nobody in my primary or secondary school anyway, and obviously not now like :man_shrugging:

Did you have teachers that wore a full suit to school?

1 Like

Science religion and English teachers. Woodwork was an exception as it wasnt practical. Rest were women. Now on warm days short sleeve shirts with no tie. Made sense

My God, in the 90s??
Same suit every day or what?

Most of my secondary ones wore a suit. The odd one would go jumper and open shirt. Late 90s/early 00s.

We have to wear shirt and tie when teaching and that’s pretty standard in the UK.

1 Like

I’m surprised to hear that
I went to a community school that only opened in 1983 and I started in 86 so perhaps the staff were younger than usual?
But we had loads of male teachers and none ever wore a suit, I recall a primary school teacher that used to wear a blazer (tweed style), in secondary school most wore a jumper or shirt.
I’ve commented a few times that o don’t envy UK teachers and you’ve just given me more ammunition :grinning:, that’s awful :disappointed:

2 Likes

It’s a ballache. And that’s the long and the short of it.

2 Likes

90s what age do you think i am i did the leaving 12/13 years ago

What school did you go to?

You’re seriously saying that multiple teachers wore a full suit to school, day in day out, in the 21st century :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

All the male teachers in our schools wore suits, primary and secondary in Callan. CBS’ were proper institutions back then.

1 Like

I’m blown away

It’s an Ireland I never knew :man_shrugging:

Ours wore them too. Abbey in Tipp Town. But it appeared to be being phased out

All my teachers wore suits, or habits. I dread to think what was deemed acceptable in secondary sector.

It appears your take is misguided in this. All my male teachers wore suits in the early 2000s if I recall correctly. Not those in Primary school though