Podders

I’ve no memory of any of my teachers wearing a suit bar the brothers in collars

1 Like

Agreed. Nobody wore suits unless they wanted to 20-25 years ago in Midleton CBS.

Principal and Vice Principal were the only ones tu wear suits in the secondary I attended

1 Like

I’m only giving my own experience,
40 years ago I’d have found it funny for a teacher to wear a full suit to school every day, because I never saw it. The principal would often wear a suit I suppose

I’m literally blown away to find out that many teachers still wore a full suit to school ten or so years ago, I wonder was there pressure on them to do so.
What schools were they?

That explains a lot.

A cousin of mine went to St Joseph’s in Borrisoleigh when under the stewardship of Pádraig O Sé.
The teachers there had to wear graduation robes and cap.

Notions.

JP is a complete crackpot these days. He should go back to telling lads keep their room tidy.

1 Like

Fair enough, not a full suit on some of the male teachers, but slacks, collared shirts, ties for sure, jumpers or jackets after that.

Slacks are totally different conversation, men wore slacks 40 years ago, they wore shirts and jumpers

Ties are slightly different, I don’t think I recall teachers wearing ties

They all wore ties, to a man. We had a Christian Brother from Newcastlewest direction who would take or leave the collar but the rest of the male staff wore ties.

Did they have one of these?
IMG_9137

No thankfully.

Peterson gave a tour de France.

Unreal.

2 Likes

Tom and Dominic doing an eight parter on the French Revolution

2 Likes

I’m still back at the outbreak of WW1. Interesting series.
Olympics leaves little time for podcasts. September, now left fallow by then GAA, will offer time to catch up.

2 Likes

It’s so good. One of the best podders out there, the two lads are class.

6 Likes

Enjoyed it as always but not their best long form imo.

They are fantastic. Considering taking out their sub. Top content.

1 Like

The club stuff is mainly weekly 30 minute sessions in which they answer questions and some livestreams which are similar to their normal podcasts. Obviously you get new series all immediately rather than having to wait.

1 Like