Podders

Rafa on with Keane, Neville and co. I had no idea about Xavi Alonso being played against Standard liege costing him an agreed move to Arsenal

1 Like

Crowe is trying to destabilise the world? :open_mouth:

I hadn’t realised that Niall Quinn completed a thesis on Oscar Traynor. History Ireland have just released an episode in its Hedge School series of podcasts dealing with Traynor, a figure who has not been over studied to date.

It’s largely through Quinn’s eyes and he’s quite invested in his subject and is too quick to absolve him of any wrongdoing! Little pops at Ernie O’Malley, Seán Lemass, Ferriter and Pádraig Óg Ó Ruairc along the way.

As ever with these podcasts there’s never enough room to cover matters adequately and definitely not for Traynor’s lives in military, political and sporting, both as player and administrator, arenas.

Anyways, an enjoyable oul’ listen if you don’t take it too seriously. I’d like to read his thesis all the same.

Garrison games’—Niall Quinn tackles Oscar Traynor

Published in Hedge School Recordings, Podcasts, Uncategorized

History Ireland editor Tommy Graham chats to former international footballer, administrator, businessman and TV pundit Niall Quinn about his recently completed MA thesis, ‘Oscar Traynor—a re-evaluation of a footballer, rebel, politician and football administrator’. Not only was Traynor an IRA commander in the War of Independence who took the anti-Treaty side in the Civil War and served as minister in several Fianna Fáil administrations but he was also an advocate of the ‘garrison game’, a vocal opponent of the GAA’s ban on ‘foreign games’ and the FAI’s longest-serving president (1948–63).

(Recorded live on Fri 16 Aug ’24 @ the Electric Picnic)

1 Like

Anyone recommend a good season preview episode of the NFL?

The Betfair one is ok.

I believe wooly is developing one

Ask him when it’ll be released?

I’d ideally like a team-by-team one

No bother. He’s nailed gaelic, hurling, AFL. NFL is the next obvious mountain to climb.

The Two Johnnys have the lovely Charleen on this week. A proper Tippfest.

1 Like

Is the two John’s podcast not for teenagers, talking about bums and farts and funny tickytocks?

1 Like

The clip of her wanting a memento of an Olympic condom and not getting one is gone viral in the last few days

No sure the two lads are 40 if they’re a day

Taylor swift is 40 and sings songs for teenagers

Fake news

You know how old Taylor Swift is? :smiley:

She was a mere 19 year old when Love Story was released in the hot summer of 2009.

Was 09 a hot summer?

It was a scorcher in the early half but did turn alright.

May into early June was unbelievable and thats when Love Story was at its peak.

Mo Salah is nearly 40 and most soccer fans are pre teens collecting match attax cards

You were the fella who told us what age she was