Podders

The GAA Shows 1991 All Ireland review with James McCartan is outstanding. James was in flying form. I recommend a listen.

1 Like

Did Lawro libel Lynam?

Off the Ball.

The story about the jersey was gas

Did you hear the follow up one about how the jersey got back to him? Fucking hilarious.

Yeah. Brilliant. Wee James is good craic

He was in flying form for it. I must listen to Ronan Clarke’s one, but I don’t expect him being as much Craic somehow or other.

I forgot Foley made shite of Lindens mouth at the start of the game

A lot of Woolies retro podcasts are very good. The 92 football one had Tony Boyle and was also very good

1 Like

Joe Dooley, Ollie Baker, Thomas Mulcahy, all good listens as tbf. The guest makes it.

They do but woolie is good at generating craic. I particularly enjoy him on hurling. He doesn’t pretend to be an expert and this curiosity leads to him asking good questions. A bit like Bill o Herlihy in his hay day

3 Likes

Brian Carroll’s ‘A Hurlers Life’ podcast is very good. Nearly finished the Liam Dunne episode. He’s a great lad to ask a nice probing question and then to let someone just talk away

I’d say he picked up a lot from his time on the GAA hour with Wolly

Brian Carroll aleayd comes across as a very decent sort

Woolberto taught him everything he knew and he walks out on him.

1 Like

He’s from good stock.

Yerra that’s how Wooly got where he is.

Is he defo gone from Woolys show?

No

You can’t stay an apprentice forever.

Started the latest RTE GAA one where they rank the half backs of the Sunday Game era.
JJ Delaney at #4. Turned it off when I heard Paudi Maher at 3.
The public are fucking morons.
The greatest hurler of all time and on neither back line when he should be on both.
I’m fucking seething here.

7 Likes

For anyone interested in how the INTERNET impacts on our offline lives…

This is really good so far.

1 Like