Podders

JJ is the best backman of my lifetime, without doubt.

I often consider writing a book on the life and times of @Tassotti and the impact his various incarnations have had on the internet.

Would surely get a couple of chapters out of the GAEJs and white vestments

1 Like

It was bad enough leaving JJ out but when you see the duck they put in at corner back. There are 20 corner backs in the last 20 years better than him.

It must be Ger Canning and Darren Frehill picking this team. One for the things that are wrong thread.

1 Like

That’s fucking horrific

1 Like

Fuck sake. Paudie and the Rock have no business there. A disgrace. Everyone involved should be ashamed

Don’t you just love these things, where they shoehorn players into the wrong position. Brian Corcoran should have been centre-back, unless they had totally forgotten about Seánie McMahon or Tony Keady.

Two cork corner backs and neither of them near the best corner back from Cork. They wouldn’t lace Wayne Sherlocks boots for a start.
Corcoran deserves a spot alright somewhere else.
But the fucking Rock :joy: I honestly wouldn’t think he’d make an all time Cork team

1 Like

They don’t want to be picking JJ as he works for Sky.

1 Like

Fitzhenry was far superior to Cummins but like JJ isn’t an employee. Pawrick Marr is one of the least things wrong with that team, he is very good in fairness. Ollie Canning and JJ should be the corner backs

The All Stars was always full of bullshit compromises. Except 94 when Brian Whelehan didn’t get one.

1 Like

Mullane was on with Brian Carroll on his pod. Said that Ollie Canning was the best defender of the decade.

1 Like

And it was probably the most controversial non selection ever. There’s a lesson in there somewhere.

If he was from the big three he would have been accomodated.

Shur havent I been telling yis this for years.

1 Like

Was that not 98?

No

This is a public vote lads, I wouldn’t worry about it

Who the gave the public the option to pick the rock as a corner back?

They give a longlist for each line and then the public vote whittles that down to 3 regardless of positions

Sure any weirdo can vote then