Podders

His mother and the oven was very funny, particularly the anecdote about Spike Lee (who she thought was Bruce Lee) and the scones

I wouldn’t expect a teacher to know who Baudrillard is/was mate, so you’re in the clear. Critical theorist as @Thomas_Brady notes. A bit of Marxism sure, but disagreed with a lot of it too. Postmodernism was a big part of his oeuvre.

Blindboy spent a bit a time a few years ago utilising Baudrillard’s idea of hyperreality.

I like the sound of that. And I tell you something, I’d fucking LOVE a Romantica right now

Great stuff - just listening to it now.

1 Like

Tommy and Hector podcast is a hard listen. Gave it a couple of tries but I would struggle to give it 1 star out of 5.

You gave it a go. Fair play.

What did you most hate about it? Or just everything.

I tried the other day, it was the one where the girl was on about shifting all over the shop at the start. I didn’t like it to be honest and i generally like Tiernan, with the amount of quality podcasts and audiobooks available I’d doubt if I’ll go back, it just didn’t make me laugh.

Tommy tells a few gas stories & gets deep at times.

Hector can annoy me a bit though, nearly tries too hard with the spiels.

But in general I think it’s good without having listened to everyone of them now mind.

Stopped listening to him months ago, he was getting very annoying but I listened to this one based on your description. I always enjoyed when he does podcasts like this and its a good one. Got a great laugh out of his description of his roaster uncle in rural tipp (a bog creature as he said) eating a spud like an apple with the skin straight out of the pot.

1 Like

Lovely bit of humility there from Wooly to nominate himself for the Wooly award for media gaffe of the year. You can tell its still tormenting him. Hopefully he can come out from under the cloud and be his old self again soon.

@FlakeAway.

This in a nutshell. That was one of the episodes I listened to. It just all seems like a random stream of consciousness that lead no where. Like @backinatracksuit said there was a wan on it who baked a few Raspberry things and the boys slagging her saying she might get kicked out of the plowing if she brought them along. You’re wan going on about shifting and how she used a line on a night out saying to fellas “come into my office” which someone in a dating agency asked her could she use as a tag line. I thought to myself "right that didn’t happen ". I didn’t hate it but I thought it was bland and dull and not entertaining. Like @backinatracksuit said there is far greater content out there that I will share up here that won’t have people resorting to listening to blindboy and the likes.

Wooly is an alright sort and his podcast is exceptional during the height of championship. His contributors are very good too especially northern lad.

1 Like

He can fuck right off.

The northern lad is gone to virgin media thank god. He knew his stuff but just agreed with everything wooly said. Cian Ward is very good from a football POV and will take woolly on at times.

Cheddar is a huge loss to the hurling, maybe Eddie might take over from him!

Which podcast of Tommy’s were fellas recommending here is it the Tommy Tiernan podcast or the Tommy, Hector and Laurita podcast? His own podcast they are very short episodes, the ones with the other two are hitting around 50mins each.

The one with the 3 of them. I’d say start from the first episode to get a feel for it

The burren munich episode? I enjoyed the yarn about the lad to walked for 3 days to visit his grandparents grave. I’d say his wife must be a right pain in the hole.

2 Likes

All that stuff above was a follow on from the week before and made more sense in that context. I suppose it’s not for everybody but I’ve really enjoyed every episode. Hector’s stories about his lost years in Inis Maan on this week’s episode were excellent. The most enjoyable part of is that the pandemic never really gets a mention. That in itself is a blessing.

2 Likes

Or Paddy Simpleton.