Podders

Who’s gonna carry the boats!?

1 Like

A gas man. Legendary episodes.

2 Likes

WHOS GONA CARRY THE BOATS. BEAT YOUR INNER BITCH

1 Like

I see Ewan MacKenna has 381 patrons signed up for his podcast.

I can see Joe Rogan winning an award for his Peterson episode. Phenomenal podding. When are the annual Podcast Awards held?

4 Likes

The lads calling for him to be cancelled are ensuring his popularity.

1 Like

A lot of guys on here seem to think criticism is the same as cancelling. Exploiting the naive has long been a healthy business model so hats off to Mr Rogan and Mr Peterson.

2 Likes

It’s probably the best podcast of all time, the godfather of podcasts

The podcast is free to listen to.

1 Like

Dr Peterson has made the very valid point that video and audio and the internet opens up education in way that is unprecedented

Until recently you’d have to pay 100k in tuition to hear that sort of content.

What about the endless amount of stuff on the Internet that is utter bollix

Jordan Peterson has jumped the shark.

He’s gone full rabid right wing loony now

You could do an ancient history course on audible worthy of any university degree

The great courses stuff on there is college level content

The only mouthy opinionated public figure who doesnt come down completely on one side or the other and stay there for every single issue like Eddie Hobbs, Ewan, cheasty or keith Walsh seems to be piers Morgan in fairness to the cunt. He’ll be slamming the screaming woke brigade or feminists one day and roaring for a lockdown and abusing trump the next. Seems to straddle across the divide a fair bit. Kieran cuddihy the only other balanced demagogue I can think of.

1 Like

I wouldn’t listen a 4 hour interview by a hero like Liam Griffin, Ange Postecoglou or Alf from Home & Away, never mind some fucker theorising about cancel culture or pronouns or something. Why would you give a shit like? Is it important/interesting/entertaining to listen to stuff like this? It must be for some. Not for me though, Clive/Arthur. It must be a stimulating mental workout for @Thomas_Brady et al. Is it that right TB?

1 Like

It’s just a podder he listens to in the back ground while he is doing his job it isn’t overly taxing stuff

1 Like

There’s some absolute loons (@gilgamboa ) on here that think lads sit down for 4 hours straight listening to podcasts roaring and fist pumping like they are watching a match. It’s been up three days and I’ve listened to 2 hours in fits and starts.
To answer your question, it’s up and down. There’s interesting topics and some meh topics.

I can’t speak for every one but I do like listening to content that’s about what makes people or cultures tick. After all, I presume everybody is looking for some kind of meaning in their life. Whether that be through music, TV, art etc. I don’t necessarily agree with everything JP says but I do enjoy how he tries to draw meaning from fiction/Bible/poetry. In the same way I enjoy Joseph Campbell’s Power of Mythology. They employ a lot of Freudian/Jungian psychoanalysis to text and mythology to understand the human journey through life. There’s good ideas and conversation rather than concrete facts in much of such talk. He’s also a clinical psychologist so that’s very much based on study and offers insight into why people behave like they do.

And the end of the day, it’s each to their own … Yet some people on here seem to have an issue with that.

9 Likes

When you’ve kids the age of yours you barely have time to shower.

When the free time comes back listening to a podcast or audiobook can be a nice way to pass a few hours.

Some lads spend a full weekend watching golf or rugby and although I think they are wrong to do that each to their own.

And many people seem to have an issue with those who think it seems shite or misleading or selective or a waste of time. But each to their own.

1 Like

I’ve no such issue. I’ll interject if I feel a piece of information is possibly wrong but not to silence or stop criticism/ conversation.