Podders

He has to pay the lads too, 4 shows a week, 2 lads on each, even if they are only getting a €100 a go, and a producer presumably. Hosting costs, paying patreon etc. 1k subscribers wouldn’t do at all I’d say. He’d need to be closer to 5k.

1 Like

Patreon must take their cut too.

I just added that in there as you were typing.

You’d be talking easily €5k a month in running costs I’d say? Patreon take 5-12% plus a processing fee. Let’s call it 10%. That’s a hundred subs gone for every 1,000.

Paying yourself a salary and running the whole show yourself. You’d need a minimum 2k subs and you wouldn’t be making much off the back of it.

Paying a producer to run it for you. That’s say 50k or a 1000 subs gone straight away.

I’d say he won’t be in any panic to get his last producer for the gig :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I can’t believe he brought that Conan lad with him.

Oh yeah. 2k listeners would leave him in a good spot. He’ll need to develop an expertise on sleep or wellness fairly quickly

Conan is actually decent if you can some way get over the droning accent.

The football pod is decent. Way better than any other stuff I heard over the weekend.

1 Like

Oisin McConville seems omni present in the GAA media world

At least he knows what he is talking about. Be thankful for small mercies

3 Likes

There are probably better times of the year to be launching. Come latter rounds of the league as we head towards championship people will sign up more. Would like to hear him get Paidi Maher on and do a lookback over his career.

The league is the best part of the football for the year really, until AISF stages again

1 Like

Sounds like Padraic mugged him off and did an interview with him last week that’s now totally out of date :grinning:

Saw that. Probably all plans for the year, extending your career, playing with the club and so on. I’m sure Padraig being the man that he is will back on pro bono as soon as the dust settles and he has had a moment to catch himself.

Do the second Captains lads still do well ?

13,000+ members for Second Capt

Wonder what Wollie needs to get to make it viable

1 Like

They have over 13k patreons. For €5 a month, not bad like.

Also, and Woolie can do this too, live shows, 300 lads, 25 a go or whatever. Clear a nice profit and make a podcast out of it as well

2 Likes

Some value for a fiver compared to what wooly offering

Once championship is over, Wollie will struggle

1 Like

Most fellas won’t get around to unsubscribing. Once he tips away with a few podcasts covering club championship I’d say he won’t lose too many.

2 Likes