Podders

Another 15 minutes down,
You’d need to be taking notes really, it’s so all over the shop, I guess that’s the ‘beauty’ of a four hour interview, no need for structure or limitations.
We’ve just had Peterson bullshitting about rat/cocaine and monkey/alcohol studies, Rogan has shot him down but he’s been far too soft leaving Peterson with crumbs to satisfy his ego, he really needs to be a bit more forceful here (Rogan), is he worried JP will walk out?
I’m not sure if Peterson has made a single sensible or notable contribution in the first hour, but he’s made many mistakes (lies??)
So far Rogan 8/10
Peterson 1/10

Can’t understand what you guys see on n JP but he might redeem himself, it’s a very interesting conversation I have to say

There’s a bit coming up where he starts having an emotional breakdown talking about music but comes across as a fierce nerdy cunt. I left it off at that point

He’s a wrestling commentator. I lost interest in wrestling when I was 7

Tisnt so long ago you were singing come by ah here and saying different opinions were welcomed and now I can’t have a contrary view on a wrestling commentator :man_shrugging:

I’m not anti Joe. I just have no interest in wrestling commentators and think it’s odd that a fella would be taking life coaching advice from him

But you do you

The incels on the forum will be seething.

What’s an incel

Lads doing themselves. And Sid.

Different opinions are more than welcome. Incorrect ones should be corrected

Why are you telling lies? It’s very sad to see you reduced to this state.

I read a bit of Peterson’s work a few years ago. Said there was no point in being critical without at least engaging in the first place. I think your summation is fairly accurate, in my opinion.

I’ve also seen first-hand that he is an incredibly influential figure. A young man I know, who was a well adjusted fella, fell down a JP rabbit-hole. He’s alienated all his friends with his talk of ‘social Engineering’ (a term I don’t think he’s using correctly), and has positioned himself as a victim in society as he is a straight white male.

1 Like

In fairness to peterson he’s probably read the relevant studies

This is a phenomenal interview.

1 Like

This is a smashing thread. The steroids and pot crowd won’t like it.

The Robert Epstein interview is the greatest podder ever recorded. As someone who uses the Brave extension for a while now I fully urge others to do the same.

1 Like

Why are the left so against free speech?

He relayed it in a manner that would suggest he read the headline and nothing else, Rogan had his number though in fairness, I’d say Peterson could be quite ridiculous if you listened or read unedited or unchecked, he just runs his mouth off, mostly garbage for the first hour anyway.

Peterson is old news. Time to branch out.

I bet he’s read the studies and understands them thoroughly. The rat study is well known and has been discussed widely on various podcasts…he probably assumed his audience was reasonably well informed.
The ‘climate is everything’ remark is fairly obvious…but most people are happier when they’re simply told carbon levels correlate with temperature rises therefore rising carbon levels cause rising temperatures. Of course that narrow relationship is infinitely more complex, even before we start to consider solar cycles, the orbit of the planet, geomagneticism etc.
Meanwhile people laud greta, who has never strung more than a couple of grandstanding sensational sentences together. Go figure…

2 Likes

It’s clear JP’s greatest problem is his inability to dumb down his thoughts. Now, as a lecturer/therapist he should be able to convey concepts in an easy to understand manner but he makes the mistake of thinking everyone listening has a certain level of intelligence. It’s something he needs to work on.

2 Likes