Portugal v ROI- WCQ 2022

Hoping for 0-0 is delusional ffs

their back 4 and goalie isn’t great. They won’t like it physical and we’ll contain and break.

before @thedancingbaby’s time but Jorge Cadete was from Portugal

3 Likes

He was born in Mozambique iirc

he is from mozambique, he scores every week

Hopefully Mick Obafemi’s move to Swansea can give his career the kick-start it needs. Could do with him in and around Ireland squads and progressing.

Spock don’t rate him

he wouldnt be the only person who thinks Obafemi is a waste of space tho- Hassenhuttel said similar last year…with Connolly and Obafemi we appear to be presented with x2 wrong 'uns.
Im hoping “troy” comes good

2 Likes

The reality is that it is very very hard to make it at the top leagues in soccer .

1 Like

it 100% is but a basic pre- req for a young man is respledent attitide and strong worth ethic- the aforementioned trio I am not sure have a grasp of that yet- Obafemi and Connolly certainly seem to be doing their best to piss it away despite obvious talent.
“Troy” is on his third loan now, the first two were very unimpressive, now i know the MK Dons are a very good club with an excellent footballing philosopy under that coach Manning who i heard speak recently… hard work is required now here or else he will slip away - Obafemi and Connolly are precariously close to drifting away IMHO

1 Like

Both Connolly and Obefemi look prone to getting bulky . I don’t know much about either’s lifestyle but hard to know if they will be playing EPL in 5 years

His name isn’t Mick mate, don’t kuntakinte him

Connolly was only just turned 19 when he scored those two splendid goals against a Spurs team fresh from a Champions League final appearance. Has he played at all this year? Last I heard of him was in relation to whether or not he walked a dog belonging to him and his ex and what that meant for Lucinda on the “outside”.

@mickee321 Will the Dutch beat Norway? And will Cyprus win away to Malta?

Norway will be very dangerous with home advantage. The Dutch desperately need the win after the Turkey defeat though. I’d go Norway 1-2 Netherlands.

1 Like

That could be a cracking game . Dare I say more enticing than Faro :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Brave call starting McGrath, I like it, he’s the one player in that team who looks to pass the ball forward.

Is he good enough? We’ll find out.

Strong Portugal team.

so

coleman - o shea duffy egan dockerty
hendrix cullen mcgrath
connolly idah

instead of 352