Post Ewan McKenna

Wow check out the brain on this fella!

An image of yourself trying to contain that self inflated ego, lovely.

4 Likes

Man Training Dog

It’s a fierce trigger for some lads when it’s pointed out Covid is a real illness and countries didn’t shut down for any oul’ reason.

A fierce trigger.

Do lads think we should have had no lock down at all?

My forebears fought for the Irish Republic, unlike your lineage of powder pissers.

Stick to the stick stick where you actually have some credibility.

You are intelligent enough to figure out why half assed lockdowns were futile, but too belligerent to accept you were and are wrong. Unless you adopt the Chinese approach and board people into their homes, you cannot stop transmission of an airborne virus.

Unless you believe Eoin Murphy would be equally effective with a butterfly net.

2 Likes

People who were vulnerable should have isolated, and maximum efforts made to protect those in nursing homes and hospitals. The opposite happened.

3 Likes

Would have been some scenes as the whole world locked down and me hall and Leo telling us to keep going.

Would have been much worse.

1 Like

I’d agree in most cases, I wouldn’t test myself unless it was an emergency.

But would you spend hours indoors with your very elderly relatives if you knew you had Covid?
She really wanted to go to the mass and would certainly have went with a cold

1 Like

Nope, if the right measures were taken to protect nursing homes and hospitals, the death toll in Ireland would have been greatly reduced. Same in most western countries. Locking down the 95% for whom Covid was a mild disease was brain dead. This was known in March 2020.

2 Likes

Would you ever go way would you

Covid was completely over egged. The PCR and antigen tests sure werent even fit for purpose. We were locking down the country over “case numbers”. Madness.

The coercion then around the vaccines was absolutely disgraceful. I wouldnt mind an inquiry into that. @Batigol is dead right.

1 Like

Best to leave it all behind lads, we know what we did to save lives and those that didn’t.

No more of it

1 Like

I am perfectly happy with my lineage. And with my intelligence, which is far in excess of any measure you could muster, as has been repeatedly clear to everyone here.

Quite aside from anything else, I had – and retain – the advantage of not arriving into 2020 in thrall to asinine right wing nostrums and presumptions. I have as much interest in the ‘culture wars’ as in soap operas. Anthony Quinton’s The Politics of Imperfection is terrific precisely because the book advocates pragmatism as the highest conservatism. You only get wisdom by an ability to think, which effectively means adjustment to the real world rather than a retreat into ideological hocus pocus.

You were wrong, completely wrong, on Covid. Grow up, however belatedly, and accept same.

Was it not a case that they had to lock down hard in Ireland as our hospitals were in shit at the best of times?

Yep

1 Like

Nah man

So isolate and effectively lock up the vulnerable and elderly while the rest of us jolly it up?

You can’t do that.

2 Likes

So what was Spewan’s problem with that?