Post Ewan McKenna

If it turned out he admitted to being a raging alcoholic what then? Sure every single human being on earth has biases based on their lived experience towards one thing or another. Him being a current or former alcoholic is just one of those surely. He’d know more about it than some fella who never drank a drop at least.

1 Like

My liking of the post was art mentioning that he wanted an inquiry.

You can reply to art too, fyi

That’s not the post, it said that people who didn’t think it was fair or appropriate to mock his alcoholism were idiots

No issue with exploring them. Throwing out “alleged” comments on social media isn’t “exploring” anything

And why just unelected? Why isn’t varadkar and martins personal view on alcohol not part of this discussion?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too hard on the lad for being an alcoholic…if anything being tanked up would explain his actions.

2 Likes

Whats outrageous about it? Is holohans approach beyond reproach or if were allowed to question his reasoning then why not the things behind the reasoning?

He didn’t ban alcohol.

1 Like

Because elected officials go through the electoral process where every little nuance of their lives is put up like the money in micheals wifes account or leo being forced to come out.

Theyre also answerable to the dail. I didnt see holohan being answerable to anyone

And? I never said he did. I said his approach to pubs was irrational

You shouldnt have those biases or at least minimise them when in the public sector

There were many strange decisions. One that would merit more focus was allowing visitors into Care Homes. Paddy obsessed with the pub though.

1 Like

I actually have no response. There is no debating on such a nonsensical and deeply offensive comment.

3 Likes

It was perfectly sensible and rational. The fact you cant even stand over your post says it all.

What a load of scutter. The chief medical officer shouldn’t have a bias against the drink industry. Should he have a bias against the tobacco industry?

5 Likes

Remember Tony driving round dublin like a parish priest patrolling the doorways and alleyways after a parish disco, the oul dog. Reading everybody from his pulpit the next day.
And him dying for the cure.

1 Like

Huh, when was he forced to come out?

Before he did the marion interview

Jaysus Art, shur it was common knowledge

Are you actually that stupid? Or are you putting on this nonsense for ‘personality’? Do you actually think they trialed proto Covid vaccines in the pizzas?

I ladybirded the ‘nudge effect’ elsewhere. I really should not have had to explain so basic a piece of comprehension. But…

Covid happened. The measures, some of them inevitable because there were no credible alternatives, happened. Plenty of things should have been done better and some things were done so poorly, including financial jiggery pokery, as to merit serious censure. Hopefully the various inquiries will in time give us those lineaments.

The people who think ‘Big Pharma’ invented Covid were never going to be rational on the subject. Terrible agricultural practices ultimately created Covid and the same practices will create the next pandemic. Which or whether, those people would be a teensy weensy bit more credible on the subject if not such a huge fan of ‘Big Putin’.

Bullet points please